Pet Peeve

Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM

my son has the black top..i hate it..it never cleans up nice. i will be going to stay with them in 2 weeks..

i do love thier washing machine..front loaded, uses less water and less detergent!

i have the old fashioned electric stove top..i think i will keep her.. :thumbup:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM

i use only mr clean majic pads love them
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

i know this sounds strange.. :shock: but baby oil seems to take away a lot of marks that I have had to scrub and scrub on my oven and hotplates. it does take a little bit more rubbing on burnt on marks. It is wonderful for stainless steel too and I just put a couple of drops onto some paper towel and wipe and wow no marks just a wonderful shine and no fingerprints..it is my new best friend in the kitchen!! :thumbup:
Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jacee kay
I am so glad to see this discussed. I want to buy a new stove with two ovens. The only top is the smooth top. If I spent 1500 on a stove and I hate it I will be sick. I may rethink and just keep the electric stove I have it works good.

jacee kay - my stove does have two ovens. The top oven is smaller and sometimes called a pizza oven. Under that is a regular size convection oven. Now I do like having the two ovens. Why heat up the big oven for something for the two of us? I knew I was going to miss that oven drawer to put my cookie sheets and stuff like that in, so I had the cabinet maker put a unit under the kitchen sink that holds my cookie sheets and trays. One the best parts of the remodel!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
We use a razor blade to get stuck on stuff off our glass top. Maybe that would work for you too. Then we use the cleaner meant for glass tops because it puts a protective layer on the glass top to make it so that the next spills are not supposed to stick as hard.
I have used a razor blade also, makes sugary things come off a lot easier.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Mine is black and is only a year old, but it is still as smooth as the day it was bought. (Maybe I don't cook as much as the rest of you guys!) I use Cerama-brite a couple of times a week. A blade to scrape off the stuff that doesn't yield to the Cerama-brite and then I use a Vileda Scrunge made for ceramic stove tops... that little cutie is magic!

My husband thinks the stove is a lot of work but I love it. I seriously HATED trying to clean out those pots under the burners after a boil-over!!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM

I love my glass top and would never go back to the burner type. Mine is ten years old and the top is a small black and whitish grey mix design. Having the mixed color probably is a big plus and it definitely doesn't look it's age.

We use the Cerama Brite that came with it and also the Cerama scraper when needed. I just went to check it and DH was in the kitchen and even he thinks it looks good.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, did you get your stove clean yet?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM

No, but I did have my grandson scrub on it yesterday and he got most of the black spots off. Most of the problem is my strength. Just don't have the muscle anymore to scrub hard enough. I have tried almost all the products that were suggested except the Dollar Store product. I will get some next week.

Thanks for asking.