Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder. >

Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder.

Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 AM

I was glad to see they were going to donate some of her fabric to other Quilts of Valor quilters.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 AM

wish I could see that show....may make me look good...lol
Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 AM

this woman runs a Quilt of Valor chapter. I am really sick hearing of people bash her and call her a hoarder. how many of us have done the good she is.she recieves donations of fabric for these quilts. yes it is hard to say no to fabric donations and hard to store it in an "acceptable" way. give her a break
Old 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM

I think Barbara deserves applause and congratulations! First, we can all relate to feelings when something gets out of control. I commend her commitment to her family and the QOV.This was a sad situation. Only time will tell if the garage will work out as a solution, and I am sure as others have mentioned, it will need to be tweeked. As for the daughter, what a loving woman. Who did you see helping her mom, if I remember right this is a rather large family. Life is about balance and sometimes it gets out of whack, but how wonderful when we get another chance.
Tulip
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
It repeats again tonight at 11pm (EST)
Also here is a link to OWN website with a few video clips of the show.
http://www.oprah.com/own-enough-alre...-Confrontation
Thanks for posting this link. I was able to watch clips from the video.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 AM

I watched and, yes, the sewing 'garage' needs something more. Like light and a window. I couldn't sew in a room that didn't have at least one window. Lucky..have two. I love Peter though. I have watch him since he was on Clean Sweep. The people they have on these shows have to sign all kinds of releases, so mostly they should know what they are getting into. The 'daughters' on these shows have issues about how much time the 'hording' takes away from family. I know I would have been upset if I couldn't spend time with my mother. Now that she is gone, I really am glad for the time we did have together.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 AM

Just keep that guy away from my wounded warrior stuff. Part of it is in a corner of the garage, so much has been donated from this board that I had no room in my sewing area for all of it. But it is stored and sorted by color on a tall book shelve with a pull down cover to keep it clean! I was hand hemming one of these quilts while I watched that show and I may not have as much, but what I do have will be used! Until then, I guess it is hoarded!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM

A lot of that was donated to other chapters. Don't you just wonder where that all got stored? Someone else's living room?!!! That's the thing about hobbies--they take space and a little dab'll do ya so we hang on to all those bits and pieces,crumbs and orphan blocks---not just yardages.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM

I've watched several of these OWN shows and they're interesting. Though, truth be told, I'd be MORE interested in seeing revisits to these folks 6-12 months later to see if they've kept organized. I hope so!

My husband kept sneaking me "knowing" glances throughout this show. I wonder what that's about. LOL!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:31 AM

Oh my goodness...........I just found the video [at work], watched it, and now I'm sitting here in tears. Bless her work!!!