Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder. >

Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder.

Peter Walsh works with a quilting hoarder.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM

It seemed to me that the quilter was vry relieved to have her things in order and the excess given to another chapter of Quilts of Valor. I think that other members of this group should have been sharing this stash at their homes. I think her aim of supplying quilts to service men impaired her thinking regarding how it affected the members of her family. I am sure that my husband would have spoken up long before things got this much out of hand.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

No the hoarding wasn't as bad as I've seen on the hoarding shows. The only mice they talked about were in the garage. Everything (sewing stuff) in the house was clean. They cleaned out the garage and built shelves to store the fabric (in plastic containers) and put the cutting and sewing table in the center. The quilting machine was on one side, the shipping area was in a corner. Quite a bit of the stuff was donated to another quilting group for Veterans.
I was surprised to see some finished quilts, I figured they would be like mine. Almost as soon as I finish one it finds a home.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM

I watched it and thought to myself, I wish I could have helped with hauling away some of that fabric and wish that ihad a garage that I could turn into a sewing room. That way I could invite friends over and we could make quilts together.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

I thought we were all quilting hoarders.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 PM

MIne is all contained in my sewing room. She had a mess didn't she?? :(
Old 02-25-2011, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
For those interested on the OWN channel they ate spotlighting a quilting hoarder. Scary.... But I am not that bad, yet!
There is no such thing as a quilting hoarder. That implies that we have an addiction. I for one will never admit to that. lol.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ann clare
Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
It repeats again tonight at 11pm (EST)
Also here is a link to OWN website with a few video clips of the show.
http://www.oprah.com/own-enough-alre...-Confrontation
Thanks for posting this link. I was able to watch clips from the video.
Your Welcome.

I enjoyed the show for the most part, but did not care much for the daughter's attitude. She seemed cruel and was a control freak. I would never allow my children to talk to me like that.

As far as the humiliation factor goes, she (or a family member) contacted the show on their own and she would have had to sign release agreements for them to be there, film and air the show. She knew what was involved and still agreed to do it. It wasn't about humiliating her, it was about helping her regain some control of her "addiction"/hobby.

I also didnt understand if her family was so "big" why weren't THEY over there to help clean up and organize with the show??? Or even better yet, why did "they" let it get to that point in the first place. They obviously knew it was "bad" and had issues with it for some time, so why not help pick things up and organize before it got as bad as it was if it was so important to them?
The show could have held a yard sale or even offered to take items to a consignment shop or something to help "sell" useable items. One man's trash is another's man's treasure. Im sure there would have been tons of people that would have loved a yardsale kind of day in her front yard.