Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Photo Software

Photo Software

Does anyone know if there is any software out there that will identify as I download my pics into my computor that I may have double or organize them?

I have Adobe PhotoDelux 4.0 and it doesn't. On XP, I just have made numerous folders under My Pictures starting with quilting, then subtitles such as tops, blocks, fabrics, designs and charity. I normally can find a photo when I look for it.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Do back them up, though. I just lost all my photos when Windows did a "routine" update.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    Do back them up, though. I just lost all my photos when Windows did a "routine" update.
    Is that what happened? I've been wondering where my photos went recently. Luckily there also on an external drive.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any software out there that will identify as I download my pics into my computor that I may have double or organize them?
    Don't most photo software programs allow you different ways to sort, like by date taken? Then they will be in chronological order and dups should show up also.
    Sally

We use Picasa from Google. When photos download they are put in folders by date but you can sort them to folders you want, crop them, etc. Best of all, it is free.

Blog Entries
    I was wondering about that as we seem to have fewer photos than we did a couple of weeks ago. YIKES!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

When I click on the icon to open my programs I have pictures under I guess my folder. But then under all
    programs I have windows photo gallery and windows live photo gallery. I only like to use one location but
    seems like they are all over the place. How do I stop them from going to different galleries?

Most programs will have either 'copy' or the numbers (1) (2) etc in the title which can tell you that you have doubled up. It is best to process copies of your pics in case something goes wrongly. As for putting them into folders, you will need to determine that unless you decide to group them by date. Ll the best.

I also use Picasa and love it ..if you add pictures there is a exclude duplicate button.

Blog Entries
    WTH? How the heck does that happen?? Luckily I have my photos backed up to both Carbonite AND smugmug so even if my auto backup fails to notice missing pics, I always have them on smugmug. I'll have to do some comparing and make sure they're all still intact.

Blog Entries
    I was trying to find someone's posting on Windows. it was about Windows photo gallery and Windows Live photo gallery. Does anyone have a direct link to Windows Live photo Gallery so i can down load it? every time i try i can't tell if it's the "live" version which seems to have more than the Windows photo gallery does. My computer crashed and I lost "live" and can't load photos from my camera right now.

Blog Entries
    Grrrr, i loaded Firefox so i could type in here without problems but now i get a small pop up in the upper left of my screen wanting me to download the plug in so i can view items here. says Flash. I don't know what that is nor do i want it. Go away, go away.