Physical Today

Old 04-20-2011, 06:38 AM

Thank you so much. Recovery will be at least 4-5 weeks. Will need PT (that stands for Pain and Torture) The PT is really a blessing. When I had my other shoulder done, I couldn't wait to get there because my PT was so gentle and it helped so much.

I told the folks at work I would be back when I could wear a bra and use my right hand to type and I am a telephone triage nurse and enter all the telephone data on the computer along with scheduling appts.

Yesterday a pharmacist called and spoke with my phone partner, he asked where I was and she told him I would be away for awhile. He asked if I was going to have a baby! LOL, he has no idea the baby making days are waaay past! It made my day!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
That's another reason why I hate to go. I'm been SO tired lately. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I could easily go back to sleep. I hate wondering why I am always so sleepy. I'm afraid to ask. ::sigh::
It’s interesting for me to hear how nervous others get about DH appointments – thought I was the only one LOL! MamaDorian, I get like that too, worry, worry, worry. He will help you!

After my Dad passed away I was exhausted. After sleeping 8 hours at night I had a hard time staying awake during the day. One day DH mowed the lawn and I slept through it for 3 hours after a full nights sleep. My Dad had Alzheimer's and I took care of him for 5 years and didn’t take good care of myself while taking care of my sweet and wonderful Dad. I ate bad food on the run, gained a ton of weight, stopped exercising and was stressed. I saw the Dr. and found out I was simply run down. I started eating greener and healthier foods and started walking. It took about 4 months but I did get my energy back.

I will keep you in my prayers. Try to keep good and positive thoughts for yourself.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM

It's all done. Now it's out of the way until next year. We talked about my being sleepy all the time. I'm going to have labs done tomorrow, to check my iron and my thyroid. Otherwise, she said everything looks great!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM

I know, I know, I know. But soon it will be over and you can get back to that all important quilting. I think Drs. have lost the calm, nice, caring personalities that they used to have; no one feels any comfort anymore going in for such a sterile physical. We all understand and are with you!! You go girl!!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 PM

I have a sweetheart of a doctor, but I've gotten so that I don't tell him about things that might be bothering me because his response is always "because you need to lose weight". Granted, I do, but surely that isn't the cause of every health issue!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Update:

Iron and thyroid are normal. No clear explanation of why I'm so tired. ::sigh::