Pills For Depression!!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:29 PM

If you have ever had "clinical " depression, you would understand the need for medications. I am not talking about situational depression but the the full fledged chemical imbalance. I don't ever want to feel that way again.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Me neither! :shock:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Wow this is the second day now there have been some HOT topics here.
Yesterday was the thread on Kay Woods not being on PBS station and Janome dropping her and now have Marie Osmand as there rep. And now today this.... Well I just count my blessings everyday. Going through the tuff times we have endured the past over a year as many have. I would get to oh boy I do not know what is going to happen but I tryed to be a positive as I could and just trust in God tomorrow will be better. I am 61 and do not take any med for anythig. Only ever been in a hospital 2 times in my life... 41 years ago to have my son and a few years back for brest cancer of which I wish I hadn't ever done. Two years later cancer on my foot. Again I aproached as the brest cancer. With change in diet, herbs, and activation machine and trust in God he means for me to be well. Believe, ask and receive. I know this is not for everyone so I am not starting a new thread. I just wanted to coment and say the lady who started this thread is also a very blessed woman and I hope she knows that. God's blessings to all of you here. I am pleased to see I am sorry for jumping on you here and hope everyone is ok now this is settling down. ConnieF
PS This is a wonderful site. Some need this room living alone. Can't quilt 24/7 tee hee ahev to visit too and have a chocolate and a cup of tea or coffee...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Depression runs in our family too. Some of us have gotten medication and others have denied their condition.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Banned

Hey, I still have my head this morning!!! :lol:
Coffee on me everyone :oops: OK, donuts and chocolate too. :?

I would like to apologize if I upset anyone and say that I understand more now than I did when I started this thread. :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 AM

When my DH asked about my meds one time (what they were and what they were for) I answered like this:

"This one is Lisinopril, for high blood pressure, so that I can go on living.
This one is Celexa, for clinical depression, so that you can go on living."

I was out of the whirlpool at the time and thought my statement was hilarious, him? Not so much so.

Mine hadn't hit in quite awhile so about a month ago when it swirled in with a vengeance I wasn't prepared but I was able to recognise the symptoms. I took my meds for a few days, got more rest and kept to myself so that I didn't inflict it on others. DH has finally realised that nothing he does can help so he pretty much just leaves me alone which is exactly what I want. Bouts usually only last a day or two now. But I know that with some people it's an on-going daily struggle. I told my Dr. that I didn't take the pills all the time and she said that was okay as long as I would take them at the first sign of an onslaught which is what I do.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
Hey, I still have my head this morning!!! :lol:
Coffee on me everyone :oops: OK, donuts and chocolate too. :?

I would like to apologize if I upset anyone and say that I understand more now than I did when I started this thread. :thumbup:
Ahhhhh, coffee and donuts! Nothing better to wash cyber footprints off ones tongue whether they're actually there or not. :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
See? Everything worked out well. Now you can be a little more understanding of your friend's condition now that you know it's not "something in her life" that caused it but rather whacked out brain chemicals.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 AM

I think these discussions are good. It's always worthwhile to get other people's take on any situation. Listening to many sides of the same story allows a person to make an informed decsion on what they think of a topic. The world should have more discussions on every topic.

The donuts do look good!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I think these discussions are good. It's always worthwhile to get other people's take on any situation. Listening to many sides of the same story allows a person to make an informed decsion on what they think of a topic. The world should have more discussions on every topic.

The donuts do look good!
I agree whole heartedly. The second best thing is that by discussing it here there's no hitting, hair-pulling, biting, eye-gouging, everyone gets to be heard, and so on. The first best thing is that after it's all over we all go back to the one thing that we really do have in common---LOVE OF QUILTING!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

Unless you suffer with severe depression, you have no idea what life is with it. I have suffered since childhood and it is miserable!

I'm on lexapro and I can function fine with it. Without it, I'm a total mess. I'm not bipolar, but last feb I flipped out (was not on the meds then) and since it was so severe, I was prescribed the lexapro. My Dr is NOT a pill pusher at all.

Those who need it should take them. If you are occasionally depressed, you don't need them.