Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: plastic sacks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Country1
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Emergency bathing suit, in case you leave your regular suit at home! :mrgreen:

(Just kidding! ;) )
    Oh No!!! Did we really have to go there? :lol:
    ROFL!!

I actually use a lot of those sacks for freezing hamburger. I'm getting pretty good at tossing in a pound, twisting it tight, flipping it and double 'bagging' from the top and tying it off. Cheaper than freezer bags, especially when the hamburger doesn't last that long anyway.

Try donating them to your local school.When I was working last year alot of students forgot their bookbags and so we sent home their papers in the plastic grocery bags.

Blog Entries
    he, he, he, get 3 cats. you'll need all those bags for their litter mess.

Emergency bathing suit, in case you leave your regular suit at home!
    ROFLWTIME! Thanks for the unexpected laugh!

I basically reuse mine as wastebasket liners/trashbags. Large ones sometimes get reused as storage bags.

I give some to my friend whose husband is incontinent and some I keep for kitty little clean up. Also keep small appliances in them so they don't get dusty in the shelves in my laundry room.

Lordy Lordy wouldn't want to see that in person!

Blog Entries
    There was a pattern in one of the crochet books that told you how to make Christmas wreaths out of them

(Just kidding! ;) )
    LOL......

EEEEWWWWW

Blog Entries
    I haven't checked all the posts, but I use my plastic bags when I cut veggies or scrape carrots. Especially good for banana skins and apples--they don't smell when wrapped in the garbage, if you don't want to save them, dig into garden.Good idea especially for onions as they sure smell up the garbage can.

Just put the plastic bag under your cutting board with 1/2 of bag sticking out. Cut on cutting board, scrape onto plastic bag. when finished, either fold over cuttings and throw in garbage--no odor that way--or take and put scrapings in old coffee can w/cover and when full dig scraps into garden. Either way, easy clean up. And yes, I too use them for wastebasket liners.

Nancy S -- fabric_lover

Blog Entries
    I use them to pick up after my dog, on long walks.

Actually a friend of mine cuts them in a continuous strip from top to bottom and crochets rugs out of them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon59
    Could somebody tell me what I could do with all of my plastic sacks that I get from Wal-Mart, grocery stores,etc..
    I know I could return them or recycle,is there something else I could do with them?

Sharon

I use mine for about anything I can think of. The rest go to my local grocer who has a bin located inside the door to put them in. Don't really know what HE does with them. Some may be reused in the store as I have received 1 or 2 that looked more than a bit wrinkled. If I don't forget (hah), I take some totes with me for my groceries. Try to recycle as much as I can, but I'm not a fanatic.

Wow...never knew there were so many things you could do with plastic bags...if you had the time. I usually just recycle them, saving some for when I take my dog walking.

gus
    Blog Entries
    I take mine to the local food shelf

we use them for doggy pooper pickups - live in an apartment.

(Just kidding! ;) )
    That's Oh my gosh funny!

Years ago my school requested either plain white or full color bags. They cut them in strips, had the kids tie them to a wire hanger rounded into a wreath with hook at the top. Takes plenty to make it full and pretty. The white ones were lightly sprayed with glitter and red ribbons put on for Christmas and the yellow ones, or pink or green for Easter or springtime.

Blog Entries
    Make crocheted tote bags or beach bags!!! You can find the directions online! My aunt has made several of them! :D

Blog Entries
    I use them in the bottom of large planters to take up space and not add any weight to the pot. First twist them up into a ball and fill up a bag with them to contain. I use them as stuffing for our Halloween creatures costumes that we put outside - again using the above containment method. I also use them in hanging basket planters that have the coconut fiber liners. They help hold more water with just a couple of holes in the bottom for drainage. They help keep the coconut liners cleaner so they can be used longer than one season.

My daughter crochets with "Plarn" which is yard she makes of strips from plastic bags. She makes all kinds of stuff from them that is really neat. Try to google Plarn

I use mine for the dirty catlitter I dopple pack its nice and clean

Blog Entries
    I use mine for lining wastebaskets and for any garbage that is wet. I only put dry waste paper in my plastic gbe can in the kitchen.

My husband buys these burlap bags you can get at feed stores and stuffs them full with the plastic bags and uses them for targets to practice with his bow and arrows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JACRN
    My husband buys these burlap bags you can get at feed stores and stuffs them full with the plastic bags and uses them for targets to practice with his bow and arrows.
    ROFL
    I was reading my way through these posts thinking "my idea is original", but there you are!!!
    My husband does exactly the same thing, although he doesn't use burlap, but the plasticky-type of feed bags. Stuffs 'em good and tight, too.

Our stores are using fewer and fewer bags. Many places now charge a nickle for a bag. I have a pile of my own re-usable bags and am getting pretty good at not forgetting.

It's the plasticky ones he uses instead of burlap also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast