Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday) >

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

POLL boy or girl (Big ultrasound on Thursday)

Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Mel and Andrea,

I have an idea, please feel free to say no--you won't hurt our feelings, OK??

Would it be possible for those who are interested to send you a quilt block to be made into a quilt for your baby??? You can set the parameters--size, color, pattern, etc.

Please say yes!!!

Rose Hall
Rose ~ This is a wonderful idea! I hope they DO say yes, but can we include you too??
Blocks for all three!!! :D:D:D

Wait!!! Isn't Live 2 Teach also expecting? :D:D:D
I would be willing--we need to include Live 2 Teach as well.
Rose
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Our son will be named Alexandre Nicolas Lalonde :)

Sasha's name was originally supposed to be Alexandre, but a cousin of his, born in the weeks before was given that name... so they chose Sasha instead. I'm pretty sure Sasha is Russian for Alex, so it works out. Nicolas is the name of Sasha's twin brother, and our baby's godfather.
We decided since the very begininning that we didn't like hyphenated last names so our baby only carries his father's last name, all our children will.

Unfortunately in Quebec, a woman cannot take her husband's last name when she gets married. The laws here are stupid :evil:
What an awesome name!!! :D:D:D
I did no know that about names... Is there a reason they do not want you to take your husband's name?
Something about equal rights, or some garbage like that...
What about my right to choose to take my husband's name? Funny how the whole rest of the country and the whole rest of the world doesn't see it as being a problem.

Get this,citizen or non-citizen, if you marry outside of Quebec, when you move here they make you change all your ID back to your maiden name. Sasha's grandmother, who had been married forever had to change her drivers license, medicare card, passport... everything!

My mother was married here, under the old law before it changed in the early 80s. She still goes by her married name, but all the government papers, car registragion, bank papers are all under her maiden name... What a stupid government. Way to make everythign complicated!
I think the only way you can legally change your name here is if your name is in another language but in english or french it means something that you really don't want it to mean ( like, Mr. Arse, or something, could be a real name is some random language, but it means something totally different here).
OR, you have the same last name as a known criminal or something you REALLY don't want to be associated with. Even then they make you jump through hoops.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Mel and Andrea,

I have an idea, please feel free to say no--you won't hurt our feelings, OK??

Would it be possible for those who are interested to send you a quilt block to be made into a quilt for your baby??? You can set the parameters--size, color, pattern, etc.

Please say yes!!!

Rose Hall
Oh, that sounds cool!
I don't like to be just on the receiving end, but if I can participate in sending blocks to the other expecting mommas too, I'm totally in!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 PM

I think making baby blocks would be wonderful. Depending on how many join in, we might have to ration out who makes blocks for which baby, or each of you might end up with dozens and have to make a queen-size quilt rather than a cuddly baby-size.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Well, if I ended up with lots of blocks I would most likely make a couple of smaller ones, instead of a big one. I hear babies tend to dirty their stuff pretty often...lol!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:38 PM

I like the idea of "baby blocks" :D I'm in for all babies 3, 4,????
Old 12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Wonderful news... Andrea... Paul's birthday is the 26th and Erin's is the 29th... William Todd Best will be a wonderful calm, reasonable, patient Taurus! Or on the other hand he could be as stubborn and unchanging as all get-out! :-)
NEVER! We are all calm, reasonable, patient, laid-back.....until someone insists on waving the proverbial red flag in our face - or worse, slap us on the rump. Then watch out. Where we stomp, no grass shall grow again..... :lol:
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Mamagus
Wonderful news... Andrea... Paul's birthday is the 26th and Erin's is the 29th... William Todd Best will be a wonderful calm, reasonable, patient Taurus! Or on the other hand he could be as stubborn and unchanging as all get-out! :-)
NEVER! We are all calm, reasonable, patient, laid-back.....until someone insists on waving the proverbial red flag in our face - or worse, slap us on the rump. Then watch out. Where we stomp, no grass shall grow again..... :lol:
Love it!!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Count me in for the baby blocks...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Wow, Heather, that's so cool! Congrats! Are you living the nausea nightmare too?
Ugh, yes! I thought I was really sick with Peyton but this time around is so much worse. I've been throwing up. I'm on prescription medication but it isn't helping. I am thankful that the throwing up has subsided a bit. Although, sometimes the nausea is far worse than any throwing up! :)