Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible Scam Alert

and just for future reference, the state police don't email you either when you have a ticket!!

WOW, I do a lot of buying on eBay and I have never received one. Thanks for the update.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
    I received an email this morning from a sender called Expedited Shipping. Thinking it was about an item I ordered on eBay I opened it. Then it said the mail carrier couldn't deliver the item on April 30th and to click on the link to print the shipping label and take it to the PO to get the package. I didn't click on the link. At that point I began to get suspicious and checked the sender's address. It wasn't the one I ordered from and I only placed the order yesterday so they couldn't have tried to deliver it on April 30th. When you open the email the heading has USPS printed on it making it look like it's coming from the post office. If it came from the PO it would have usps.gov or something similar in the sender's address.

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case other's have gotten this too.
    I had the same thing happen and I called the post office to inquire, the man said "did you ever give the post office your e mail address ? " Talk about a duh moment. Its a scam

The post office does have your email if you've ever gotten email updates for a package delivery.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Here is a new scam that is starting to appear in emails.

Today at 1:21 PM

Notice of Appearance,

The copy of the court notice is attached to this letter. Please, read it thoroughly.

Truly yours,
    Clerk to the Court.
    Patricia Smith

DO NOT OPEN THIS ATTACHMENT !!!!

Everyone knows whether they are envolved in a court case, but this type of email is meant to scare people into opening up the attachment. I have gotten at least a dozen of these in this last week.
    June

Blog Entries
    This week I got the phone scam call again about my computer. This person had a heavy accent and she began telling me about my computer being in danger. So I began asking her is she knew Jesus Christ as her Savior and after a few times asking her that, the phone went dead.
    Now a strange thing about the calls...I've had 2 and the first one I just hung up on, but the area codes were the same as legit calls that were made to or from my house the very same day. That really puzzles me, and is the only reason I answered either call. If I don't recognize the area code, I don't usually answer the phone b/c most of them are scams, political, or other junk calls.
    Abiding in the Vine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2