Posted on facebook

Old 11-20-2010, 07:41 AM

I am so content here what need do I have for Facebook? Most of my friends swear by it and I could care less. They give a flip about my sewing until they want me to make them something for free... I have learned to giggle and reply, "I'll be sure to add that to my list of things to do." They fill their time with TV and the mall. Like someone else wrote mall is a four letter word to me. I would rather go to the dentist....Hubby is nowon vacation for 9 days He doesn't understand that if I want to sew the dishes can wait, or that my hand is not the only one that can open the refrigerator door...I have Christmas projects to finish.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 AM

Enjoy your quilting time, nothing like day of sewing to clear the mind. !!It hasn't been long since I stumbled across this board, and I must say I am so pleased I did, It has been a real eye opener for me, as I never realised how kind and thoughtful people can be and so helpful and encouraging of one and other, even though we are a long way from each other, it feels like the quilterhood is in my home. I am on FB, but must admit I find it rather boring with no real genuine imput, so now I am on here reading all the interesting posts, looking at the beautiful pictures and quilts and putting a little bit of imput in myself is very theraputic. Love it !!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 PM

I 'get it'. I love days like that - no phone, no cleaning, no work, just sewing!!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 PM

I used to be very active on facebook before I took up quilting. I still try to keep up somewhat because all my music friends are there. I really don't want to let that part of my life slip away, but I can see the inclination to do just that pulling at me. I have always had several creative outlets; painting, beading, crafting in general. After I got hurt, and lost many of my more physical activities, I discovered that I could write songs. I became fairly active in the local music scene, and music makes me happy and away from my pain just like quilting does. With the quilting, I can just stay home and do it when I want. It feeds my tendency to hermitize. I really need to resist that and continue to get out and mingle with my music friends too. Left to my own tendencies, I'd probably never leave the house. LOL
Hugs and smiles all, wildlinda
Old 11-20-2010, 02:33 PM

I also understand!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 AM

I understand too - I post my pics on FB and no one even makes a comment; but when I put things here, there is all kinds of oohs and aaaaahhs. Everyone here is the best: so full of creativity, knowledge and encouragement; I so enjoy reading, learning and sharing with all my QB's (quilting buddies). Thanks!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Hi Japonica I also love love love this board. I don't often write in but I read almost everything. Time permitting. As for emailing a picture of your first quilting project to friends why not post it in pictures for this board. We would all love to see it and appreciate it. Lylamarie
Originally Posted by Japonica
I know exactly what you are saying. First o all I was on Facebook for a little while. Didn't like some of the things DH"s DIL's were posting so I took myself off. Nothing seems to be sacred anymore. I have been whining about not having a crafting friend and I stumbled across this board. I love it! I met someone on here that lives about 25 minutes from me and we plan on meeting after the first of the year. I am newly retired and adjusting to that also. I wanted to take a picture of first quilting project ever (this past month) and email it to some friends and family...then decided why? They don't get it. Most days now, I love living in my own "little world". Safe, warm and sane there! ;)
Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
I understand - I just want a day off from everything except sewing.
When I first read it, I read it wrong. I thought you were taking the day off from cleaning and sewing. Then I re read it and it does say what u wanted to! If I saw it on fb I probably would have posted to not give up the sewing! But that would have been wrong so I'm glad I didn't see it on fb!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :roll: :-P :lol:
Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM

Love it and know exactly what you are talking about.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I get it...did the same yesterday. In fact, my husband stayed in the garage all day and left me alone, then he put the finishing touches on dinner so I could finish my project. I got an entire quilt face 48x48 done for a baby quilt I am making. Hope you have as much fun as I did.