It is pouring rain again!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM

Lots of rain here is South Carolina too. I'm starting to get moldy!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Well we had some rain or should I say Thunder storms 2 in the last couple of weeks about 1/2" of rain with each, unusual for us. We had a couple of days the first part of June 112 and just under that. But Summer is definitely here now, first day of summer it was well over 100 we had 113 Wed. and Thurs. of this week. It will get much hotter, I know, I've lived in this town for 43 yrs. now and the hottest we have had while I've lived here is 124, and not unusual to have up to 118 most summers. We have had a drought for many years now. I live in Far West Texas, (Pecos) between Midland and El Paso. Last summer and especially the summer before when we had all of the wildfires, hundreds of thousands of acres burned, mostly in the Davis Mountains, lots of homes and livestock. That year we only had two inches of rain for the year in out town and area. But we could have it worse, flooding, hurricanes, or tornados, we have tornados around here also. But who are we to question God's plan for the weather. WE just need to thank Him for all the good fortune we do have in our lives, and take what He gives us.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Rain here too for right now. We're 11+ inches ahead of our usual rainfall amounts. Wish Texas could get some and end their drought!
Hear Hear!! We could use some of your rain.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 PM

Thank you Patchsamkim! A friend gave it to me some years ago! It has always been at the top of the garden with a plant trailing through it! I suddenly realised the flower tub I've had for years fitted the top perfectly!!! It now has pride of place on the patio outside my kitchen window!!! I think I'll give it a new coat of paint for next year!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 AM

It must be a big cloud - it's raining over here too...
Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 AM

We do have a choice in whether we want to continuing to mistreat our environment by overproducing everything and everyone or do we want to really enjoy this amazing place we occupy.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

It has rained here everyday for the last two weeks. Today is the first day it is only 20% chance. It is suppose to rain starting tomorrow everyday for the next seven days...The weatherman said this was the first forecast he has ever done in his career that predicted a high chance of rain everyday for seven days. I have to try to mow my lawn today some time because it may be a while before I can do it again...93 today with 90 percent humidity....Its summer in the south..
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 AM

Actually, that is global warming. Extremes in weather! Oklahoma had to F5 tornadoes in 2 weeks time. Excessive rain,excessive drought. Extremes in weather and that's what we are getting. It has been so wet here, many farmers couldn't get their crops in until the middle of June, which is very late. I would say, global warming is here.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
We've been in the high 90s for 2 weeks and it doesn't look any better. We can only water our lawns the day of our scheduled waste pick up. That is also the only day we are allowed to wash our vehicles. $200.00 fine. So we spend a few bucks and go to the car wash instead. We're just the opposite. Never a happy medium
Last night DH and I were discussing/wondering if would be able to water much longer. Areas around us are asking residents to restrict their water usage. How we wish for "medium" rain in NW Harris County!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
So much for global warming!
Misnomer! It's climate change.

It's plenty hot down here, and the terrible drought continues. We have lost thousands of trees in this area in recent years, and without them the atmosphere will just get worse. The planet is definitely getting hotter. Just ask the polar bears.