Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Price of little star quilt stickers...

Post Price of little star quilt stickers...

Boy, was I ever in shock! Some of you whom I have swapped with have received a bookmark that I made. I had this little book full of Star Quilt Stickers (by Paula Nadelstern). I probably picked it up at a yard sale yrs age. So now its empty & I wanted to order another. Well --!!! found it on Amazon for GET READY FOR IT --- $339.00!! from England. Even on Ebay that price. Am I missing something or is it a type o?
    Really, at my age, nothing should shock me - but this did! Other sticker books are under $2 but shipping would be more.
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

That is outrageous! Not exactly sure what 'star quilt stickers' are but when I did a google search I found Hunters Star stickers for $4.49. Probably not the same thing.

Wow...I looked also. Huh! Why! I went to Barnes & noble.....$242.00. Wonder why the price is so high........did you try Dover publications...there are cute bookmarks, stickers, things at REASONABLE prices.....

Just like with anything when something goes out of print and there is a demand for it - they jack the price up to see what they can get. I was looking for an out of print quilting book once and did find it for hundreds of dollars - as you can imagine I realized I could live without it!!! The original book sold for less than $20.00

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Well, I found it at Alibris for around $134, but still!!!!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Are the made of gold?

Yeah, there are other "Quilt BLock Stickers" at reasonable $ but shipping would cost more than the book...

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Boy, was I ever in shock! Some of you whom I have swapped with have received a bookmark that I made. I had this little book full of Star Quilt Stickers (by Paula Nadelstern). I probably picked it up at a yard sale yrs age. So now its empty & I wanted to order another. Well --!!! found it on Amazon for GET READY FOR IT --- $339.00!! from England. Even on Ebay that price. Am I missing something or is it a type o?
    Really, at my age, nothing should shock me - but this did! Other sticker books are under $2 but shipping would be more.
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Would someone please explain what these stickers are and what they are used for?

Blog Entries
    I just looked it up on Google and it seems like it's a Dover Publication book(let) with stickers in it that look like quilted stars. It would probably be more cost effective to go into Dover and see what's current. There book(lets) are not usually very expensive.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

If you know how to use your computer & printer, you can make your own stickers! Just use the sticky back paper from staples, and there ya' go! try it!

Wow! That is crazy!! Since it was a Dover Publications book, it was probably not more than a couple of dollars originally. I looked on the Dover site and they have an Hawaiian Quilt Sticker book for $1.50. Maybe it would be a good investment!! LOL
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

There is a Dover patchwork sticker book on Amazon for $1.50.

That particular book came out in the early '90s so it's a collectable now.