Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Prince, the artist with the weird symbol >

Prince, the artist with the weird symbol

Prince, the artist with the weird symbol

Old 04-21-2016, 07:57 PM

I live in the Twin Cities, and this has been covered non stop, all day long. They are now reporting the drug angle, and that the emergency airplane stop several days ago was due to an overdose. So sad. Such talent. Never understood the attraction to drugs.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
I live in the Twin Cities, and this has been covered non stop, all day long. They are now reporting the drug angle, and that the emergency airplane stop several days ago was due to an overdose. So sad. Such talent. Never understood the attraction to drugs.
Boy, I hate to hear this. A friend share a link about this on FB. I was hoping it was not drugs. Does not diminish his incredible talent though. Elvis fans will relate. Sad.

Sandy
Old 04-22-2016, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
Just because it is reported doesn't mean it's true. Sometimes, the media is too quick to put out a story without getting all the facts straight first.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

A drug overdose or reaction could also have been due to something like an allergic reaction to a legal drug/medication.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

His drug overdose from the other day was due to a taking the same meds too close together in time. We often become impatient and think enough time has passed to take another dose especially for the timed released. After his emergency landing, just 2 days ago he went to the pharmacy and picked up some more medication (OTc or script(?) not sure. Also need to be careful of mixing otc and prescription. Not ideal situation. I wasn't crazy about him but I was always so busy working multiple jobs, never got to hear enough of his music to appreciate it. When I've heard some of his songs (snippets), I realize/recognize some but never knew the title or meaning. I'm more background music person.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

I saw a biography tv show about him and I was impressed how talented he was. He changed his name back to real some years ago .
Old 04-22-2016, 05:59 AM

He was a devoted Jevohah Witness and did not do drugs or alcohol. He was absolutely fabulous to this 70 year old woman. I am not musically inclined though I love music, Prince was immensely talented.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Prince did go to a "different drummer" but he was a brilliant young man. I love "My Little Red Corvette" , he sang. I saw his movie, "Purple Rain,' which was about his childhood and troubled youth. He had a sad home life. Music was his escape. I watched him perform at a Super Bowl and he sang Purple Rain ( which was my favorite song by him) and lo and behold in that huge open stadium, it started raining as he began singing it!! The crowd went wild. It was amazing. I didn't care for all the funky stuff that he did but enjoyed some of his music. I was sad to hear of his passing. May he rest in peace...
Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 AM

There was a link on Facebook to a guitar solo he did in a multi artist tribute to George Harrison when he passed.
It was amazing!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:56 AM

Just not my cup of tea. Just know his name I passing--same with a lot of these musicians.