Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   25th wedding anniversary today... how long for you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/25th-wedding-anniversary-today-how-long-you-t32142.html)

pakwoman 12-24-2009 07:13 PM

On April 13, I will have been married 36 years. He is not only my husband but my very best friend. I couldn't ask for a better husband

CanadianLoon 12-24-2009 07:25 PM

How about this: what advice would you give to a newly married couple? Oh--I'm going to start a new post for that one... too important to bury.[/quote]

The best advice for newly weds is hinted at by many 'lifers' on this board.
Long marriages often go through tough times. If you can work through these and not give up, the rewards are great.
43 years in February and so glad we worked through the glitches.

May in Jersey 12-24-2009 07:37 PM

Next month DH and I will be married 55 years, my how time flies when you're having fun, LOL! May in Jersey

grannym37 12-24-2009 10:29 PM

We have been married 52 years. we met Aug.23 and married Sept 4th a week and a half latter. we have 3 kids, 3 grands,3 great grands. funny thing is we still love each other. My folks were married 70 and a half years when My Dad passed away at 95

Donnarose 12-24-2009 10:46 PM

It's our 53rd today .

joeyoz 12-25-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Donnarose
It's our 53rd today .

Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas!!!

rdem 12-25-2009 06:20 PM

33yrs in march for us!

GailG 12-26-2009 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
It's funny to think about this--on my next birthday, I will have been with hubby half my life. Wow.

Time flies when one's hubby spoils her terribly--or is that beautifully? ;) I have to say the last five years were easier than some in the middle. I'm thinking the next 10 ought to be a piece of cake. There's nothing left to argue about. Is there? :roll:

My grandparents were married 62 years. My in-laws just had their 50th. My son just got engaged. And life moves on.

I hope your second paragraph holds true for you. I learned in a sociology class a long time ago (college years) that every five years in a marriage brings a different set of challenges and that's usually when the problems arise (arguments, etc). Well, baby, if you're lucky enough to reach retirement years together, you're in for a surprise. Whoa. Talk about a whole new ballgame! The challenges are really something. But I must admit, it's getting better and better all the time. We just may survive this together.

:lol: :lol:

.{{{{{{{{Happy Anniversary!}}}}}}}}}

AtHomeSewing 12-26-2009 06:54 AM

We got married less than six months after we met. We celebrated our 28th anniversary this past October.

Vickymomof6 12-26-2009 07:04 AM

August 1st it will be 23 years for us.

Vicky