Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   25th wedding anniversary today... how long for you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/25th-wedding-anniversary-today-how-long-you-t32142.html)

MadQuilter 12-26-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I agree! Togetherness 24/7 is a real challenge!

So is a split schedule.

BeachBirdie 12-26-2009 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
We got married less than six months after we met. We celebrated our 28th anniversary this past October.

The same here! We just celebrated our 17th anniversary on Dec 14. We met in Aug of 92 got married in Dec and I got pregnant that Feb! A lot of people didn't think we'd last because we were really young, I was 19 and my hubby was 21. Showed them!!!

newnana 12-26-2009 01:07 PM

Oh your post sparked my interest.. I have been with my husband ( & love of my life) for over 17yrs, we have been married for 12,. We have recently seperated ( for 5mos ) after another woman has interfered with our lives. Of course he is to blame too, but she is a force of the devil for sure. Im heartbroken and we are talking again, we have not filed for divorce as yet. And my love for him is still here, but cant deal with her . Is it even possible to be together again and happy>? He says its what he wants & I would love nothing more, but scared.

mjsylvstr 12-27-2009 03:34 AM

53 years come April 27th, 2010.......and still lovin' each other.

Came say anything is better than that.

MaryJane

Marymom 12-28-2009 02:34 PM

Will be married 36 yrs on January 13; dated for 7 yrs before that, so total 43 yrs total! 3 wonderful kids; first grandchild due in January! First date, a sock hop on December 26, 1966.

I think all marriages have ups and downs; like someone else said, commitment is the key.

Wish it would be longer - my DH has terminal lung cancer. D$%^ cigarettes!

barnbum 12-28-2009 02:37 PM

Is it even possible to be together again and happy>? He says its what he wants & I would love nothing more, but scared.
That's a tough one. Only you can decide if you can forgive him to make another go of it. Trust has been broken and needs to be restored.

Quilt Mom 12-28-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by newnana
Is it even possible to be together again and happy>? He says its what he wants & I would love nothing more, but scared.

newnana, I have read of couples in the same situation who, after a divorce, began the dating process all over again, and are now happily remarried. It can happen, but I am sure it will take a great deal of work, and yes, time, to rebuild the trust that has been lost. I'll be praying for you.

newnana 12-28-2009 05:26 PM

Thanks for any prayers , I dont know what will happen or what should even happen, Im a very confused woman right now, I never dreamed the two of us would be in this prediciment. I am reading "The Praying Wife" it seems to help me get through some rough nights , but Im not sure Im up for the type of decisions that have to be made.

Shemjo 12-28-2009 05:51 PM

This is a wonderful thread, even for a divorced person. I know there are good marriages out there, but it really takes both persons to be committed to the union.
Newnana, you will know what you need to do when the time is right.
Prayers going out to all of you!

mcdaniel023 12-28-2009 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by funquilter
Married 32 years on June 10, my husband was killed in a car accident on June 20 - so love then and hug them all you can!

((((HUGS)))) I am sure the holidays were tough for you.