Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone doing Weight Watchers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-doing-weight-watchers-t295386.html)

moonrise 04-26-2018 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8047706)
because I've used WW since 1972 to keep myself curbed back, I'm familiar with all the different configurations of can have/shouldn't have/can't have program ideas over the years. This Freestyle is the best by far. Someone Tuesday asked if she had two bananas would the second one count as zero, unlike when program had 4 fruits per day allowable. Someone went the the app and typed in 18 bananas to see what came up. Zero of course :)

Common sense should prevail, but if you are hungry, eat. Guilt free.
I think I come up light on proteins. Once in awhile I'll come downstairs at midnight and eat a hard boiled egg ;)

LOL about 18 bananas! :D My digestive system prevents me from eating too much fruit. I can handle two servings a day ... say, a banana and an applesauce cup ... but any more than that, well ... :shock:

I think I'm okay on protein. I have chicken for breakfast, a P3 (a little pack with turkey cubes, cheese cubes, and almonds) for lunch most days, and either turkey or chicken for dinner. I'll eat an egg occasionally, but they're not a favorite. It doesn't help that an egg is "supposed" to have a biscuit and sausage to go with it! LOL! :D

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8047733)
I have a hard time not falling into bad habits and comfort foods. But when I do stick to WW I loose weight nicely. Ive been on since March 10th, and I've lost 10.5 lbs, and that's being on as a nursing mom. So, I'm feeling positive! Hopefully I can get down to my goal before the next baby, lol!!! (Mine seem to come 18months apart:D)

That's great! :thumbup:

If you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (a major comfort food around here), you can make something similar using a low carb tortilla, PBFit powdered peanut butter, and reduced sugar jelly. They also make sugar-free jelly, but all the ones I've found have sucralose in them, and I have a nasty reaction to that stuff. Mine end up being 3 points each. (La Banderita low carb tortilla = 1 point, a serving of PBFit = 1 point, and 1 tbsp of Welch's reduced sugar jelly = 1 point). It's not half bad, and it's pretty filling, too! :) (Edited to add: The tortillas are loaded with fiber.)

moonrise 04-30-2018 07:41 PM

Breathing a big sigh of relief! I'm down 3.6 pounds this week, for a total of 37 pounds.

I guess riding my exercise bike 35+ miles last week and/or the extra vitamins helped! :)

Edited to add: Can y'all believe my DH hasn't even noticed?!? I guess it'll dawn on him one of these days. ;)

RosaSharon 05-01-2018 09:03 AM

I have joined WW 5 different times. I am a great dieter, but I can't seem to maintain. Anyway, the local WW meeting was in such a small room it was always very crowded. After about the 3rd time around that I joined, I knew what the meeting would be about, so I did get very bored, and now I just use the "Lose It" FREE Internet program and track my calories. I have done very well for 9 months now, all on my own. At my age, (74) I have learned my lessons well, so I know I have to do this on my own from now on. The WW program was always the most realistic one out there because they let you make your own choices, which is the normal way we will maintain the weight loss on our own.

Jcarpentier 05-01-2018 10:19 AM

I have been up and down with my weight the last few weeks but I know why I have gained. I was naughty and did not track everything and really did the opposite of what I should have. Back on track now though. It really does matter what I eat and how much water I drink as well. I cannot eat chocolate all day and expect to lose. LOL!

KalamaQuilts 05-01-2018 10:46 AM

no change today, I wasn't surprised, yesterday I felt thinner and today I feel fatter. Who knows.
I didn't feel very peppy either, so skipped yoga and went to walmart and walked the store a couple of times.
Such an interesting "stuff" store! The employees through the store are so polite and willing to help. Stuff related help, no one offered to walk with me ;)

I came home and had a cuppa tea and a nice salad, lettuce, crumbled egg, and a couple ounces of that crab classic on top. Very good.

Have you ever made a big salad and nuked it? Can't say how that changes it, but it does. Something different to try

moonrise 05-07-2018 09:38 PM

Down 2 pounds this week ... 39 pounds total since January 8. :)

Good things I've noticed: My favorite bra no longer fits. I found an old one in a drawer that'll work for now. I had to take in the elastic in 2 pairs of my pants. I don't get out of breath walking up our hill anymore. I weigh less than what my driver's license says, which is probably the first time in my life that's ever happened. My energy is through the roof. :D

Not-so-good things I've noticed: I have some major "bat wings" going on. I'd (unrealistically) hoped that loose skin wouldn't be an issue, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get that lucky. Oh well. Better to have "bat wings" than flubber (even though I still have plenty of that, too). ;) I bought some hand weights to try to exercise my arms more.

NZquilter 05-08-2018 04:27 AM

Wow, you sound like you are doing great, moonrise! Good for you for being so determined!

I have lost 13.5 lbs since March 10th. I'm nursing my 8 month baby still, (she is on some solids now too) so hopefully that explains why it's taking a little slower than I wanted. Only 8 more lbs and than I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I want to loose at lease 5 more lbs after that... So I guess I'm at the halfway mark now!

KalamaQuilts 05-08-2018 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
we are on a little road trip so I'll be going to the local meeting here today. They only have one a week so was lucky to hit it right.
It has been a year since I used my featherweight. I had to sit it up on a box to be able to see where my 1/4" is! I need really bright light normally, but stitching in nature, well we do what we need to do!

Jeanne S 05-08-2018 10:59 AM

I was down 35 lbs then went on a 3 week trip to New Zealand. Up 5 lbs when I got home, even though I made many good choices. I don’t know how folks do it when you have to eat out all the time. Glad to be back home and back on the program. Glad several of you are on this journey too!

KalamaQuilts 05-08-2018 06:02 PM

visiting at a new class was totally fun. totally different than my regular one.

One thing I noticed when I started back this time was we could take our shoes off and weigh. In the 90s we weren't allowed to get on the scale with bare feet. Well today they told me the same thing. I kind of freaked because I had big tenny runners on. So she said quietly 'we don't advertise it but if you put one of these paper towels on the scale you can weigh without your shoes'. So I did, down two pounds from last week.

When I'd said we can weigh barefooted in Longview she said wait until the inspectors come by.
After i picked up my paper towel I asked if there was a trash can and she said give it to me. So I did. Foot cooties and all :)
Anyway, it was a standing room only and many were still in line to weigh in after the class was over.