Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone doing Weight Watchers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-doing-weight-watchers-t295386.html)

Jeanne S 05-08-2018 08:09 PM

We can’t weigh barefoot either. I just wear socks so I can take my shoes off!

Jcarpentier 05-11-2018 02:38 AM

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know about my WW journey as of late. I have decided to go back to the Points Plus program and I use the iTrackbites tracker on my phone. On Freestyle, my weight was up and down. I weighed in today and I have lost 4.5 pounds. Yay!

KalamaQuilts 05-11-2018 07:41 AM

Excellent! I got into a pair of slacks this morning I haven't been able to wear for at least two years. Stil too tight in the waist to wear comfortably, but I am well pleased.

About the weigh in barefooted thing I watched yesterday at my own class and two of the laldies have a paper towel down, and one didn't.

NZquilter 05-17-2018 06:16 AM

I'm getting discouraged --help please, fellow WW! I've been eating as much zero point food as I can possibly handle all week, hoping to loose three more pounds. I weighed myself this morning, and I lost one pound instead :hunf: That makes a total of 14 pounds since March 10. Honestly, I don't feel successful at all! I know I'm going to be slower, as I'm still nursing my baby several times a day, but is this too slow?

My DH says that stress can cause weight gain, or at least weight to plateau. It's true, I am under a lot of stress, trying to buy our first home 200 miles away. Has anyone else heard of this?

Jcarpentier 05-17-2018 07:15 AM

The thing with 0 point foods and WW Freestyle is they do not count the calories for the 0 point foods. I actually went back to Point Plus and so far I have had excellent progress. Tomorrow is another weigh in day. I do not pay for the program and I track it on a free app called iTrackbites. I just like this program better.

That said, stress could be a factor. Are you getting any exercise? Exercise makes a huge difference in my weight loss efforts.

KalamaQuilts 05-17-2018 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8059700)
I'm getting discouraged --help please, fellow WW! I've been eating as much zero point food as I can possibly handle all week,

zero points doesn't mean zero calories :)
Banana's are zero. And if you eat 18 of them they are still zero. And you will gain weight.
Get some protein in you woman, you need it! Even if it counts as 1 point per ounce.
If your body can't get the strength it needs from food, it hangs onto fat in its place.

I'm flying to Salt Lake and back home tomorrow. A long day with no real way to plan. I knew I couldn't take my own water past TSA and I can understand that although I don't know of a clear bomb that wouldn't show when scanned :)
I'd like to take an sliced apple and a bunch of grapes on with me and the TSA rules say:

Under the TSA's 3-1-1 rule, each traveler is allowed to pack fruit or vegatable in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces. Each person's containers must fit into a single 1-quart resealable plastic bag.Mar 28, 2018

Where there is a will there is a way. All I'm taking is my ipad for my book and my wallet. I think I can carry a quart bag and not be overweight.
Now does that mean grapes and apples need a box each? Or can I take two resealable sandwich bags, both in the quart zip?
It is a funny world we live in.. I would think a tiny bomb could be concealed in a grape before there could be a bomb in a bottle of water.

NZquilter 05-17-2018 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8059747)
zero points doesn't mean zero calories :)
Banana's are zero. And if you eat 18 of them they are still zero. And you will gain weight.
Get some protein in you woman, you need it! Even if it counts as 1 point per ounce.
If your body can't get the strength it needs from food, it hangs onto fat in its place.

I have been having chicken, veggies, eggs and unsweetened greek yogurt as my zero point food. And I only eat until I'm satisfied, not bursting full. Ah well, I'll keep trying.

I downloaded an app for calorie counting, so I'm going to try to apply what I have learnt on WW and count calories too. Hopefully that will work better. My Kindle won't let me download iTrackbite, but I found LoseIt! and will try that instead.

KalamaQuilts 05-17-2018 08:18 AM

good. A will creates a way. and when the scale does show a drop it will probably be 2 or 3 pounds.

moonrise 05-17-2018 10:04 PM

I forgot to check in Monday. It's been a tough week. Lost one of my kitties ... my little orange and white girl. :(

I was down 2.8 pounds Monday, for a total of 41.8 pounds.

Hope the plateau passes quickly, NZquilter. I was "stuck" for about 3-1/2 weeks or so, mysteriously gaining and losing the same couple of ounces for no apparent reason. Upping my exercise seems to have done the trick. :)

We're going to be on vacation in a few weeks ... camping pretty much off the grid ... which means we'll have to take all of our food with us. That should be interesting, because some of the things I'm eating aren't very portable and don't do well in a cooler. Refrigerated tortilla shells, for example, always end up wet! Yuck! ;) I'm going to get some Luna bars and Special K bars at the grocery store this morning and try them, even though they have a few more points than I'd like. If they're good, they'll be convenient for camping, and won't have to be kept cold. I'll just have to keep a close eye on my points. Wonder if the WW app works if you don't have phone service? If not, I guess I'll write it all down until I can log everything in. :)

JudyG 05-20-2018 12:03 PM

NZ Quilter, I have hit a plateau also. Just keep working the plan. The weight has to let loose sometime if we just stay on plan. I lost 52 lbs during 2017, and only 9 lbs since January 2018. I only have 7 lbs to the goal weight my doctor set for me and I really, really want to get there. I, too, am trying not to be discouraged because I know if I stay on plan, the weight will come off.