Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   anyone watching Wayward Pines tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-watching-wayward-pines-tonight-t265201.html)

mac 05-15-2015 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7196811)
Mac, so far Matt dillion wakes in a weird hospital with no one around, gets out and goes to a diner where the cop from Secrets & Lies
tends bar. he goes to her house the bar tender, to try and find her and walks into a broken down house with a dead man in the bedroom, that was the first 15 minutes and I got scared and turned it off,. Maybe someone can fill in the next 15 minutes for you. it sounds like one of my nightmares for sure.

Thanks for the up-date, it helps piece some things together. Sorry you got scared. M. Night S. can do some pretty scary movies.

lynnie 05-15-2015 05:54 PM

'm a wimp on scary stuff I was hoping it would be like S&L
what happened after that? should I give it another try or will it give me the hebe jee bees again?

LilaKay 05-16-2015 02:30 AM

Just found out I can get it free with my Amazon Prime membership....looks like a good show

IshtarsMom 05-16-2015 03:48 AM

I was reading the series when I saw it was going to be on TV. Thought it was going to be a movie so I hurriedly finished the last book in the trilogy only to discover it was going to be a series. Truthfully I would have finished it quickly anyway because I skim the gore pages. Don't need those images living in my head. I enjoyed the story and characters. Should be good...only difference ..in the book Pam is young and totally gorgeous and the son is younger. I'll be watching simply because I have read the books... Amazon's Kindle Unlimited is amazing....have read 62 books since our son gave up the subscription for Christmas...lots of new authors to try. Mostly gave up TV since if I like it they cancel it.

ladydukes 05-16-2015 06:48 AM

After seeing the post about Wayward Pines, I looked to see if it was automatically recorded with my Dish, and it was so I watched it. Sounds intriguing. I sure hope it does not turn out to be something like The Dome or Extant. We started watching Extant and it just got ridiculous so it isn't on our "radar screen" to watch the second season of it.

Geri B 05-16-2015 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ladydukes (Post 7197282)
After seeing the post about Wayward Pines, I looked to see if it was automatically recorded with my Dish, and it was so I watched it. Sounds intriguing. I sure hope it does not turn out to be something like The Dome or Extant. We started watching Extant and it just got ridiculous so it isn't on our "radar screen" to watch the second season of it.

I agree, it seems all the "series" that were "good" are now getting so convoluted I am really having a hard time keeping track of who's who...The Following, Scandal, and a few others I have given up on........LOST was the first most confusing to me and now they're all going that way....wayward pines is probably just a "dream" at the end.....just kidding!

Ditter43 05-16-2015 12:27 PM

Well I guess I will watch it alone! My hubby doesn't like scary shows. I know it's not real so it doesn't scare me. What goes on in real life......that is what scares me!

nana20010 05-16-2015 01:00 PM

Wanted to watch it did I miss the first part will have to see if it's on demand

PABerard 05-16-2015 06:51 PM

So I watched it again today and liked it a lot better. No, it was not scarier after the first SS agent was found in the bed. Scary like that crazy nurse, but so far no more bodies. I'll watch the next episode, but if it gets too odd I'll throw in the towel. Sci-fy just isn't in my color palette.

Geri B 05-17-2015 07:54 AM

I was not planning on watching this, but after reading the posts here, I became curious so I found it on demand,,took out some hand work and turned in to....hohum........weird, is all I can say...I hate stories that flip back and forth...past, present........not scary at all...more scary stuff on criminal minds,NCIS, etc... Not planning to put thus one on my list of "watch this one".....