Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April weight loss challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-challenge-t263347.html)

Raggiemom 04-30-2015 11:51 AM

Pat, hope you made it home today and the spasms have stopped.

CindyA 05-01-2015 03:32 AM

Well, overall, I did not do well this week. :( Really disappointed in myself. I thought I was ready to get back on track. But I'm not giving up. I'll try to get myself in the right frame of mind today. I'm also really sore and didn't get myself down in the floor to stretch this morning so I'll feel it all day at work, probably.

I am SO sorry. I never mailed my 3 FQs last weekend. I promise I'll get them in the mail tomorrow, so if you're able to wait a couple of days, Pat, before mailing out April's winnings mine can be included. If I miss you, I can mail directly to the winner.

I spent last Sunday getting my Dear Jane blocks organized. Now I can, hopefully, get my dining room table cleaned off. I am hosting my book club for June. It feels good to get the DJ project organized again - it had fallen into chaos!! LOL

Have a good day everyone.

meanmom 05-02-2015 03:24 PM

Hi everyone. I could have come home from the hospital on Wednesday but I stayed until Thursday. I didn't think my Dh would give me the kind of help I would have needed on Wednesday so I stayed an extra day. The nurses and PCA's were all really nice. My nurse on Thursday was my least favorite. She was lazy. I desperately needed a shower, She said I couldn't because the water gets all over the floor and was too hard to clean up! I was pissed ( and gross dirty) My DD said I should have reported her to the charge nurse. If I hadn't been going home in a few hours I would have. The first thing I did when I got home was take a shower, I felt so much better.
I will be late mailing out the FQ as I can't get to the post office. Don't forget to PM me your loss. I have heard from a few.
Pat

JuneBillie 05-02-2015 08:10 PM

Pat just be sure and take your time with things at home. It is a time for you to be waited on, but I know you have certain things you will have to do for your recovery too. :)

Pete 05-03-2015 06:54 PM

Sorry - I forgot to check in -- maybe because I did not lose.

Meanmom - hope you are doing ok. Any bone surgery hurts, especially weight bearing bones.

meanmom 05-05-2015 02:19 PM

And the winner for April is JuneBillie with a phenomenal weight loss of 9.2 pounds. WOW! keep up the good work. There were a lot of good losses this month. Everyone did really well. I think this is the best month for weight loss since I have been running this group. Great job everyone.
Pat

CindyA 05-06-2015 02:15 AM

Congrats JuneBillie!! That's a great loss.

Pat, hope you're doing ok. Take it easy on yourself.

Pam H 05-06-2015 05:38 AM

Wow, JuneBilllie, that was a terrific loss!! Congrats!!
Pat, I hope you are improving each day and no longer having any pain.

JuneBillie 05-06-2015 01:17 PM

I think I posted this on the May Weight Loss, so I will post here too. I am so excited that I lost what I did. I usually lose the most as most do when I first start. I am so happy the most to hear Pat mention how many did lose, and a lot lost all together. It is also a great thing to even stay the same until we do lose more. And, for some or most of us when we are on a trip/vacation etc. it is very easy to eat what is there or treats when out for fun. We all do it. The main thing is all of us keep on keeping on. At least that helps me the most.

Thanks for the nice congrats. Congrats to all of you too. :) A big congrats to our host who is also working on her recovery. :)

Susan

coffeegirl 05-08-2015 05:10 AM

Congrats JuneBillie! Way to go :)