Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April weight loss challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-challenge-t263347.html)

coffeegirl 04-28-2015 04:47 AM

On the home stretch for April, good luck everyone!

meanmom 04-28-2015 08:50 AM

I had my knee replacement yesterday. Things went fine. It is a little bit sore today but they have drugs for that. I just walked up and down the hall. Now it is pretty sore. At least I can get out of bed now, my back was so sore from aying in bed all day yesterday. My back actually hurt worse last night than my knee. The food here isn't too bad. My DD just brought my 2 GS to visit. They brought me Panera for luch.
Pat

Jim's Gem 04-28-2015 09:16 AM

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Praying for a swift and successful recovery!

Pam H 04-28-2015 11:25 AM

So glad to hear all went well!

Mary Christine 04-28-2015 04:58 PM

Glad to hear you're doing well. Speedy recovery!

jeanne49 04-28-2015 05:35 PM

Hope everyone is doing well. Don't think I'll be a winner this month, I did lose some but from what I've read there are some people doing quite well. Good luck, only a few more days to go.

JuneBillie 04-28-2015 06:48 PM

I am so glad you are doing well after your knee surgery. It is nice to have that behind you now. I almost dread when I weigh, because I started out great, but I have had my days of not as good. I guess I will see.

Good luck everyone. :)

meanmom 04-29-2015 02:36 PM

My knee is doing pretty well. I have walked the loop here at the hospital 3x today. 350 feet they tell me. I also am using a CPM machine, the machine that continuously bends and straightens your knee. I was having muscle spasms from it this morning. I am going to try it again here shortly. I am supposed to use it 6 to 8 hours a day. Hopefuly it won't spasm again, if it does the DR has prescribed muscle relaxers.
Everyone keep up the good work. I am going home tomorrow.
Pat

Irishrose2 04-29-2015 03:58 PM

Pat, it sounds like you are doing well. My two oldest daughters have each had both knees replaced and have done well. If the muscle spasms continue see if you can have some magnesium. I always have spasms after surgery from the weird positions they put you in to get at the parts they want to work on. Magnesium malate really works, but plain magnesium will help. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Even doing well, it isn't easy.

May go over and sigh up for May. I won't win, but it would be worth a FQ to stop my sudden weight gain, lose what I've gained and get back on track. If no one minds, of course.

I'm binding the baby quilts and pulling fabrics for another Spicy Spiral table runner, but right now it's time to take the dogs out. The Siberian mix can say, "Walk" and she will yell it pretty soon so I need to get ahead of her.

JuneBillie 04-29-2015 05:49 PM

Pat it does sound like you are coming along well. But, painful just the same. Get rest when your not doing the bending etc.