Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April weight loss challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-challenge-t263347.html)

Mama H 04-01-2015 03:09 AM

Count me in!!

dragoncat 04-01-2015 05:46 AM

I'm in! Anna, this will sound crazy, but every post office has a large package scale. Ask if you may use theirs. And, yes, they will look at you funny, but it will get the job done. ☺️😉

Iraxy 04-01-2015 10:50 AM

I'll try it. I have not even been quilting very much so I can't use that as an excuse. Sigh. Need the challenge too.

Jim's Gem 04-01-2015 12:01 PM

I am in!!! I am going to lose weight!!!!!

Pam H 04-01-2015 05:49 PM

I'm in. Time to get serious.

Annaquilts 04-01-2015 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by dragoncat (Post 7149441)
I'm in! Anna, this will sound crazy, but every post office has a large package scale. Ask if you may use theirs. And, yes, they will look at you funny, but it will get the job done. ☺️��

Haha! So true. I am waiting on ordering a scale. Hope to get it done soon. Maybe I 'll have courage to go to the post office. The diet is going good.

JuneBillie 04-01-2015 08:13 PM

I haven't been in on this in a while. I guess a year, but can't remember now. No I really think longer. Anyway, I am jumping back in here. I need the challenge, and a lot of weight loss.:)

Judith1005 04-02-2015 04:11 AM

I'm in for April. I will get out a fat quarter to you soon.

Annaquilts 04-02-2015 12:29 PM

Is your goal ideal body weight or a set weight loss not reaching ideal body weight?

I am in! DH has a scale, a cheap one, at work but I figure if I use the same scale at the end of the month it should be pretty accurate to show the difference.

Anyone else not setting a goal of ideal body weight? My goal is to loose 20 lbs by mid summer or so. I will still be over weight then but I am just not sure if ideal body weight is do able for me or if I care. I guess I am setting a realistic goal for myself with a realistic time frame that I think I can do. When I get there I'll see if I'll have a new game plane or will shoot for maintaining.

meanmom 04-02-2015 02:11 PM

Welcome all the newbies. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so I find I do better with mini goals. My final goal just seems too overwhelming. I really need to lose some weight before early June. I went dress shopping today with my mom. We have a family wedding June 13 and several other wedding to attend this summer. I found several dresses I like but they don't ome in my size. I should have brought my favorite home as an incentive to behave.
We have 3 weddings coming up, 2 baby showers and 3 wedding showers. The family wedding is in Florida so I am flyying there. I just told DH between the gifts, hotels etc I will probably need a lot of money. As usual he whined and complained. He will let it stew in his mind for a day or 2 then agree with me and quit whining.