Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April weight loss challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-challenge-t263347.html)

Annaquilts 04-05-2015 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mama H (Post 7153903)
We celebrated Easter with the family yesterday. All the fattening food went home with them!!!

That is a way of making sure it is not in the home!

Annaquilts 04-05-2015 05:33 AM

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Best wishes with staying to good eating habits today. Easter lunch is at my house so I control a lot of the food. It is leg of lamb, a lean ham, asparagus, home grown carrots, mash potatoes (potatoes, water, sea salt and a tiny bit of butter for flavor), home made bread and two types of desserts. Of course there is way too much Easter candy because most of the guests are kids or think they are, 19 people but three are infants. The hardest part for me will be the desserts because two different daughters will be bringing them so I will need to try some else their feelings will be hurt. As long as I stick to one small serving I will be fine. Portion control and choices will be key for me today.

meanmom 04-05-2015 10:25 AM

And we have a tie for March: Jims Gem and Coffeegirl with a huge loss of 8 pounds. Congratulations to both of you. Jims Gem will receive the FQ since you can't win 2 months in a row. Awesome job. Keep up the good work.
Pat
Happy Easter everyone. We are heading to my sister's house for dinner. She is not known for her cooking skills. Everyone brings a dish. I made a super chocolatey cake and an angelfood cake trifle. Nothing healthy about them. Portion control will be the key. Back on track in the morning.

Jim's Gem 04-05-2015 12:45 PM

Happy Easter everyone!!!
Hitting the road here in about 15 min. I don't have a tablet, laptop or smartphone so I will be out of communication for the next 10 days!!!
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!!! Hallelujah!!!

coffeegirl 04-06-2015 04:48 AM

Congratulations Jims Gem! Way to go!

Pete 04-06-2015 07:20 AM

I am in !!!!!

Annaquilts 04-07-2015 08:21 AM

I am taking the twins on a field trip and to the park. Any good tips for nice food to take along that won't break the calorie budget?

jeanne49 04-07-2015 09:11 AM

I'm in again, and I think I already sent my FQ's for the next 3 months. I haven't weighed myself in several weeks, but I know I didn't lose in March. But I do have to get back on the right path - want last years summer clothes to still fit.

Pam H 04-07-2015 09:37 AM

Anna, fruits and veggies are always a safe choice. Maybe a turkey sandwich on whole wheat to go with them. I would love to take my DGD to the park/zoo for a picnic but it is only 40 today. A bit chilly for me to have her outside for too long.

JuneBillie 04-07-2015 10:16 PM

Yesterday I ate really good and healthy. For the most part I did today too, but just a tad off.