Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April weight loss challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-challenge-t263347.html)

Annaquilts 04-08-2015 08:27 AM

Thanks Pam! I took a sandwich with turkey meat and a little cheese. I was surprised that for 6 slices of turkey meat it was only 90 calories.

Anyone also taking apple cider vinegar when they are dieting? I am taking the Braggs but DD also bought the Heinz. It tastes really bad but it is supposed to help with the flora in your gut.

JuneBillie 04-08-2015 11:20 AM

Anna I ate that turkey meat like that too. Very low in calories, and it's good.

meanmom 04-08-2015 02:58 PM

I received 3 months of FQ today from : Heart of Dixie, Coffeegirl, Mary Christine, and Pete. I received one month of FQ from Mama H. There are some beautiful FQ here, we had all better work hard.

meanmom 04-08-2015 03:00 PM

I was bahaving so weel until I stopped at the grocery on the way home. They had samples of cake out so I took one. I ate the whole thing. I don't know why because I don't even like bakery cakes. I also bought a roticary chicken for dinner. I didn't feel like cooking. My DH brought me home a present. The first batch of asparagus from the garden. MMMMM! it was so good.

Annaquilts 04-08-2015 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 7158084)
Anna I ate that turkey meat like that too. Very low in calories, and it's good.

I know I was pleasantly surprised. sometimes when I want something I eat 2 or 3 slices so I will not eat something high calorie to snack on. Turkey meat cold cuts really satisfy.

Annaquilts 04-08-2015 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7158351)
I ate the whole thing. I don't know why because I don't even like bakery cakes................ My DH brought me home a present. The first batch of asparagus from the garden. MMMMM! it was so good.

I feel your pain. I can eat stuff I do not even like too. Yummy on the asparagus. My son and I keep a vegetable garden. I really enjoy our home grown veggies. The asparagus sound delicious.

JuneBillie 04-08-2015 07:41 PM

Oh I love asparagus. It really helps me to eat small meals, but more often in the day.

With a cup of coffee, I fixed some cucumber slices and to take care of my sweet tooth I put on the plate a tbs of cream cheese.

coffeegirl 04-10-2015 04:55 AM

Feeling discouraged...still eating very healthy but can't seem to lose! In fact, I gained 2 pounds in one day! I realize it's probably mostly water but I really need to see that scale show some results!!!!!

jeanne49 04-10-2015 06:37 AM

Sounds like everyone is really trying this month. Surprisingly I didn't gain any weight in March and I was really bad. I generally do not eat bread, pasta or cake because of the wheat flour, but I did have all of them in March. Thought for sure I gained a few lbs. but did not and that make me very happy. Now for April, I need to get back on track and go back to my yogurt, turkey/chicken with veggies and avoid potatoes (also ate more potatoes last month than usual). I should lose about 40 lbs to get me to the "ideal" weight for my height, but I would really be happy with losing 20 lbs. I know that would get me down another jean size or maybe two. I tend to carry the weight in my bottom half so I also need to get back to walking now that I don't have to trudge thru snow!!

Good luck everyone

JuneBillie 04-10-2015 06:12 PM

Well, today was not one of the planned little meals throughout the day. We went to visit my dad in the nursing home, and took him out to eat. He wanted a chicken dinner, but me and hubby did manage to get a smaller thing. We hadn't eat in a while so that is what got us through. I am now eating a late snack of a granola bar with coffee, and will have stayed within my calories. Oh we did all have a low fat ice cream cone too. We had a great day with dad though. It sure uplifted me. :)

I almost forgot that my fat (skinny quarter) went out in the mail yesterday.