Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bad news for me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bad-news-me-t19710.html)

Jim's Gem 05-04-2009 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your job Chris. This will be good time to get some sewing and some relaxing done. I hope that you can find another job that you might like better.

Butterfli19 05-04-2009 02:04 PM

Chris - you see the positive in this and that is wonderful. For years my motto has been "Everything is Temporary." Try to limit your pity parties and keep busy. Get into a routine just like you did for work. Take one or two week's "vacation" then start the job search. In the mean time, spend time with your hobbies and spruce up the house. Little things work wonders. Sew a valance, make some new chair cushions, a couple of potholders or something special just for you.

Things always get better. It may take time, but they do.

genghis khan 05-04-2009 04:22 PM

Thanks everyone for your support, at first when this happend i wasnt going to say anything about this (must be a male ego thing) but then i got to thinking that it would kind of like lying to my friends in here and maybe i needed to talk about it and i do feel better haveing gotten that out of the way thanks again everyone. Chris

Chele 05-04-2009 04:29 PM

Tough news, Chris. Keep your chin up and find that perfect job. Or, just one that pays the bills. That's why we work right? And that's why they call it work! Stay positive.

kimmers 05-04-2009 04:32 PM

So sorry to hear your news! Maybe in your search for a new job you will find the one that you enjoy going to everyday! My thoughts will be with you in your search!

mary quite contrary 05-04-2009 05:27 PM

Sorry to hear this Chris.

amma 05-04-2009 09:03 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Chris, glad that you are being so optomistic about it :D When one door closes another one opens :wink: Can't wait to see your quilting projects while you are waiting on a new opportunity to happen :D :D :D

Barb M 05-05-2009 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by genghis khan
Thanks everyone for your support, at first when this happend i wasnt going to say anything about this (must be a male ego thing) but then i got to thinking that it would kind of like lying to my friends in here and maybe i needed to talk about it and i do feel better haveing gotten that out of the way thanks again everyone. Chris

I understand Chris, what you say about the male ego thing. It's not just a guy thing. Any time i've lost a job, i always felt like i'd given it my all, and so when it happens, it's not just the finances, but it feels like a kick in the gut. Your job becomes a part of who you define yourself as. Sorry this has happened, but now you have time to quilt, right? :)

reneebobby 05-05-2009 02:43 AM

Sorry about the job, but where one door closes another one opens, keep a positive attitude and good luck

quiltswithdogs 05-05-2009 03:33 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. My husband still has his but his pay has decreased so much it is now minimum wage. They don't talk about all those who are employed but fewer days/less income in all the statistics in the news. If it wasn't for health insurance, my hubby would go look for another job. COBRA would be just too expensive for us during the next job's probation period. We know because we had to pay for it last year when he got downsized out of the previous job. But, I ended up needing 2 surgeries in 08, so we were very glad we signed up for it. Just a reminder.... don't forget to arrange for health insurance!
Good luck on your current "job"; looking for a new job!