Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   CHOOSING A MATTRESS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/choosing-mattress-t131661.html)

S D G 06-19-2011 12:59 PM

We have a temperpedic mattress and love it. We have had it for about 7yrs.

luvTooQuilt 06-19-2011 01:02 PM

We just bought the dual mattress w/pillow top.. My side of the bed is nice and squishy for me and stiff as a board for his side.. I love it...

DogHouseMom 06-19-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
No but we got one with memory foam that is about 20 inches high. Not only is it a pain to make but after only 3 years it has dips in it where we sleep. I HATE it!! As soon as I can I'm going back to a Sealy Posturepedic.
I don't know if this helps you or not but I hope you find a good one :)
Oh- and it kills my back but doesn't bother my husband. But he doesn't like it either for the same reasons I don't.

Which memory foam do you have? Is it the Tempurpedic?

plainpat 06-19-2011 02:38 PM

Has your mattress stayed level? Someone said theirs shows where you sleep with dips in the foam.

Originally Posted by S D G
We have a temperpedic mattress and love it. We have had it for about 7yrs.

sewgull 06-19-2011 03:01 PM

Sleep Number is the best mattress I have ever had.
I am not a good sleeper, but since getting a Sleep Number my husband and myself are getting a good night's sleep.

If you have a Camping World store nearby they have better prices.

meemersmom 06-19-2011 04:35 PM

I've got a regular extra firm Sealy Posturpedic and love it. Memory foam was too soft, and could never get comfortable on a sleep # bed. Since mattresses are now one-sided (no more flipping...yeah!!), I bought a European feather bed to put on top of the mattress. Love it!! The soft, conforming nature of the feather bed combined w/ the firmness of the mattress...sheer heaven for me!

Vivian Ketron 06-19-2011 04:40 PM

I have a memory foam mattress pad on my mattress. It does wonders. I have arthiritis also. Mine is easy to get out of and I feel good when I get up.

DeneK 06-19-2011 06:31 PM

I have a tempurpedic (must be getting towards 10 years old) and I love it. I don't think there were a lot of choices when I got mine and I understand that now there are different degrees of firmness and height(depth?. Maybe it is the softer ones that are hard to get out of. Mine has a firm enough edge and even with several dogs on the bed with me, I have no problems maneuvering. Also you can't feel it when any of us moves around. (Isn't that kinda like having a DH in bed with you? LOL I have no hubby, just critters)

Also doesn't the tempurpedic allow you to use the mattress for at least 60-90 days and return it if you don't like it?

grayma 06-19-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
No but we got one with memory foam that is about 20 inches high. Not only is it a pain to make but after only 3 years it has dips in it where we sleep. I HATE it!! As soon as I can I'm going back to a Sealy Posturepedic.
I don't know if this helps you or not but I hope you find a good one :)
Oh- and it kills my back but doesn't bother my husband. But he doesn't like it either for the same reasons I don't.

We had one like that and I had to take a lot of photos and send it in, but they honored the warranty. But, we had to use that toward a new mattress at that store. We got the Tempurpedic, but we got the thinner one, and none of the sheets fit! I know how to sew, but I don't know how to alter the sheets to make them fit.

Painiacs 06-19-2011 09:52 PM

Have sleep number bed. Love it but the pillowtop wearing out!!