Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   CHOOSING A MATTRESS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/choosing-mattress-t131661.html)

Nancy Ingham 06-20-2011 10:27 AM

Former waterbed lovers we purchased a sleep number bed about five years ago and we both love it! I have back issues with arthritis and ruptured discs and I have never slept better!

BARES 06-20-2011 10:48 AM

Same here on the waterbed. About 33 years and we still love it. I find that regular sheets with deeper pockets fit just fine. Especially now that they have the elastic all the way around, but have always used regular sheets. All of my cats have slept on it too. Some with claws and some with out.

Originally Posted by FancyFoot

Originally Posted by Susanna10
I have slept on a waterbed for years and hate regular mattresses. I fight all night whenever we go places and can hardly wait to get home to my waterbed.

I've been sleeping on a waterbed for 35 years :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:. I wake up sore on a regular mattress :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I make my own waterbed sheets too :wink: :wink: :wink:

EllijaysUFOqueen 06-20-2011 12:25 PM

We have a Tempurpedic (SP????) and love it. My husband is sleeping well for the first time in years. No aches, no pains.

Jennifer22206 06-20-2011 12:31 PM

sleep number. I'll never go back to another type of mattress.

Tina1985 06-20-2011 04:41 PM

Plainpat, we have bought a mattress from Sams and was not happy with it. Started making dips where we slept shortly after having it for a year. In the market for a new one again.

plainpat 06-20-2011 05:01 PM

Was that a regular mattress or memory foam?

Originally Posted by Tina1985
Plainpat, we have bought a mattress from Sams and was not happy with it. Started making dips where we slept shortly after having it for a year. In the market for a new one again.

mamaw 06-20-2011 05:05 PM

I cannot do pillow tops at all...needed to buy an old fashioned Sealy firm mattress and am loving it!
I did experience sleeping on the memory foam last fall when I dog sat for my son and DIL; and it was wonderful. The dog slept on it too and I couldn't even feel him on there...a 100 lb. boxer even!

GypsyRse1 06-20-2011 05:39 PM

Well, 13 years ago we bought a Posturpedic and it was good for about 5 years only but we finally replaced it after 10.

Next we bought a memory foam from Costco... like sleeping on a cloud for awhile but also a furnace and I'm hot blooded already. After 2 1/2 years it had dents in it where we slept and you cannot turn them over. You can only turn them around, didn't get our money's worth from that one.

We finally tried out the sleep # bed. It's been about 2 weeks now. I have to say, it takes a bit of getting used to but now it's great. My back didn't like it at first because it wasn't used to sleeping with support.. I have to admit a bit of buyers remorse for the first couple of days to spend that much money to be sleeping on an air mattress....LOL bottom line, it's worth the money.

MaggieMeg 06-20-2011 05:55 PM

I think it is a matter of one's taste...we're all different. I Had a Sterns and Foster Calif King and absolutely loved it. When it wore, we bought a Sleep Number bed. We slept on it one night and I called them to come get it. I hated it. Felt like sleeping on one of those blow up mattresses to me. But many people love them. We purchased another Sterns and Foster. I like this one, but not as much as I loved that first one. Sterns and Foster makes several different styles and firmnesses, as well.

BellaBoo 06-20-2011 07:40 PM

When I went shopping for the Simmons set, each bed store sale person asked me about the weight of DH and me combined. I didn't know the sets were different by how much weight would be on them every night. The chart I was showed how long the bed set would last if not bought to fit the weight of the persons using it. Not many furniture stores care enough to do that or know about it so go to a store that caters to selling beds if the weight combined is heavy. I have heard a lot of great things about the sleep number bed. DH and I are very happy with our Simmons, it is still as flat and comfortable as it was when new.