Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did I hear you correctly? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-i-hear-you-correctly-t179771.html)

orangeroom 02-18-2012 04:14 AM

Too funny! Sorry for all the drive thru issues everyone is having. I think I've only gone through a drive thru twice since my galbladder was removed last August. I suppose it can be challenging for those employees. Should they wait until the customer has stated the whole order or cut them off in order to ask their questions?

jbud2 02-18-2012 05:10 AM

I like McDonald's biscuits. At the drive-thru, I'd order a hot tea (have to be specific on that!! HOT) and a PLAIN biscuit. Do you want butter and jelly for the biscuit? NO just plain . . ..

mltquilt 02-18-2012 05:20 AM

It's not only drive thru restaurants. DH's favorite peeve is restaurants where they ask if you want cream for your coffee and you say no then still receive a handful of coffee creamers.

mltquilt

NCquilter 02-18-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by jbud2 (Post 4985493)
I like McDonald's biscuits. At the drive-thru, I'd order a hot tea (have to be specific on that!! HOT) and a PLAIN biscuit. Do you want butter and jelly for the biscuit? NO just plain . . ..

Yeah and if you ask for a buttered biscuit, they soak it in butter. They can never just do a little bit. It's all or nothing

HollyDav 02-18-2012 05:28 AM

I drink coffee "dark no sugar" try getting that right at the drive through. Especially if there is high school kid running the window. Kids just don't get "dark coffee" I've learned to check it, usually it's so creamy I can't drink it. Have to go in and have them pour half our and add black coffee back in. Sheesh.

ptquilts 02-18-2012 05:54 AM

Reminds me why I like to eat at home!!!

NancyBelly 02-18-2012 08:42 AM

I spent years trying to explain to fast food places that my son only wanted a piece of cheese on a bun. There are no keys on registers to press for that one. We've gotten every combination of sandwich instead of the piece of cheese on a bun. There were times when I just wanted to jump the counter and make the darn thing myself!

euandca 02-18-2012 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by greensleeves (Post 4984790)
While traveling I stopped for coffee. I asked for a coffee, black. The counter person asked if I wanted it with cream and sugar. I was so stunned, I just smiled and said "No" shaking my head.

I find this happens so many times and also at my bank, after you tell them to deposit the check in the checking account she asks do you want this in your savings account or your checking account They just don't listen.

NancyBelly 02-18-2012 08:44 AM

Gotta say, I don't know what "dark coffee" is either. Is it black or does it have cream in it? Or does it refer to dark roasted rather than the lighter roast?

LenaBeena 02-18-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by cybermom (Post 4985334)
I was at a sit down restaurant and ordered white milk. The waitress asked "what is white milk?". I was so surprised that I said "there is chocoate milk and white milk and I don't want chocolate". We never saw that waitress again the entire meal. I think she was a little embarrassed. I was a little embarrassed, too because I'm not that outspoken normally.

This reminded my husband of the time we were eating at a nice restaurant and ordered chicken. The waitress asked what kind of gravy we wanted. I said ""Chicken gravy". She laughed and even called another waitress over to hear my reply. The second waitress said "Theres no such thing as chicken gravy", and laughed too. So I said "What type of gravy do you have?" They answered "Brown or white." I knew better than to question them any further so just agreed to white, assuming it was like milk gravy. It was, sort of. Next day I was telling this to several co-workers and they also had never heard of chicken gravy!!! Only one who was over 60 said she vaguely remembered her mother making it. I, my daughter, many friends, etc. make it all the time. Are we unusual?