Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did you watch NCIS last night? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-you-watch-ncis-last-night-t91916.html)

pookie ookie 01-19-2011 04:08 PM

I only saw the beginning but have it on DVR. I watch the show because Gibbs has the only decent haircut on TV. Old School.

Love Bob Newhart. My dad told me to be sure to watch it because Bob was on. Bob's never had decent hair but I love him anyway.

Love the idea of a memory book, quilt or wallhanging.

gmaybee 01-19-2011 07:17 PM

Raptureready, I never miss NCIS on Tuesdays and they have several episodes in a row on Wednesday nights I watch. That would be a great idea to make a memory quilt for someone with dementia. Last January my mom went into a care facility and I got busy and made her a quilt with Hummels on it, because she was a collector of them. She passed away in May, but the night before she passed I was feeding her ice cream to her. She got all emotional and said "I never thought my girls would be taking care of me like this". I told her that was what family was for. I thank God that she had her mind until the very end.

debbieumphress 01-19-2011 07:23 PM

I watched it too. And the next one. I did a book with pictures for my mom starting back in 1951 when she married my dad and up thru now. It was one with pictures on one side and a blank page to write on the other and I made notes. I cried when they played the program/pictures for him. My mom will be there soon enough. I love that show. COuld be why one of my kitties was Abbey Gibbs. LOL. I am working on a memory quilt next. I have almost all the pictures transferred to transfer sheets.

Deb watkins 01-19-2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I do NOT miss this show! It is my Tuesday night date!
I thought the episode was exceptional. Bob Newhart is one of the best actors around, and I have truly missed his dry sense of humor. I tape the episodes on USA and the marathons and have my own NCIS marathon when I can't sleep. :oops:

MaryJane, I am right there with you on this! I am glad to see the popular shows like this are addressing (in their own way) issues that are prevelant.

Fancy Nancy 01-19-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I do NOT miss this show! It is my Tuesday night date!
I thought the episode was exceptional. Bob Newhart is one of the best actors around, and I have truly missed his dry sense of humor. I tape the episodes on USA and the marathons and have my own NCIS marathon when I can't sleep. :oops:

wow so do I! watching it now on USA - missed the first 1/2 last night but I am sure will be on again sometime. I think I like it with Ziva better than with Kate. What do you think?

cmg625 01-19-2011 07:53 PM

NCIS is my most favorite show. I watch it all the time. I like Ziva a lot. Kate was good, but they have been able to develop the character more with Ziva.

GrammaO 01-19-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I just saw this show for the very first time this week, catching reruns on USA...watched the new episode last night and it made me cry!

SO far I love the show, and am looking forward to catching up!

Jennifer, if you have USA network they do a lot of NCIS marathons. The show is great. I would recommend going to your local video rental place and rent them by the season. Start with season 1 and keep on going. They started off good and just keep getting better. My favorite show on television!

purplemem 01-20-2011 04:06 AM

I really like Ziva. And, boy can she sing! That is one talented actress.

I think my fav episode is when they went to Africa and rescued Ziva. My heart was in my throat the whole show.

Julie in NM 01-20-2011 04:50 AM

Love when there is a NCSI marathon cuz I have a sewing marathan. Dh knows I'm in love with Gibbs. Just love the show.

Miss Priss 01-20-2011 05:54 AM

Take your pictures to walmart and make one of those picture quilts. Not sure how its done but my friend received one from her daughter with all the family pictures. It is a beautiful quilt and the color is great. Total washable too.