Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Easter dinner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/easter-dinner-t41393.html)

bopeep 04-02-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by karielt
Does anyone know how to make the pistachio pudding salad?

Is this the recipe you want...

Watergate Salad
1 16 oz container Cool Whip
1 pkg. instant pistachio pudding
1 (No. 2) can crushed pineapple with the juice
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Blend the Cool Whip and pistachio pudding mix. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and refridgerate.

Minnie 04-02-2010 02:41 PM

[quote=kathyd]I had a request for this recipe and I thought someone else might like it as well.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Thanks Kathy , can't wait to try this....

Edie 04-03-2010 02:31 AM

I'm fixing leftover (from Christmas) honeybaked ham, turkey breast, cheesy hashbrowns (with sour cream and cream of celery soup, creamed peas (Springy), dollar buns, two layer Jello Bavarian (orange and lime) and Strawberry Shortcake. Nice and easy too!

Have a happy Easter, all of you. Edie

stitchin 04-03-2010 03:58 AM

asparagus sounds good, or I like french style green beans in the green bean dish.

cyniree 04-03-2010 04:46 AM

don't forget dessert. green bean casserole, deviled eggs, from the eggs dyed the night before, lol, I still love to dye eggs, my youngest is 16, my oldest is 26, and 2 more in between and we all still dye eggs together.

May in Jersey 04-03-2010 06:30 AM

Here's a quick, easy and tasty recipe that I make a lot.
May in Jersey

Spoon Bread Casserole
(6-8 Servings)
1 pkg. "JIFFY" Corn Muffin Mix
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 can (8 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (8 oz.) cream style corn
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 375°, grease 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.

Pour margarine or butter and corn into prepared dish. Blend in sour cream. In separate bowl, beat eggs and stir into casserole along with muffin mix. Blend thoroughly. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is firm. Serve hot with butter.

SaraSewing 04-03-2010 06:43 AM

I would think that your menu would depend on how many people you will be serving. When I had lots of people I usually did ham, scalloped potatoes, acni-de-pepi fruit salad, coconut cake. But now with just with me and one sweet ole' guy, we'll have baked chicken this year. But Easter isn't complete without deviled eggs. The ones with blue dye lines from cracked decorated eggs were the ones I always got. . .

Let us know how your dinners turned out.

grandma Janice 04-03-2010 08:33 AM

I'm going to my son's house. My daughter -in-law is a very good cook. she is the chief dietician at the new bone hospital here. But in days gone by, I made ham, Sweetpotatoes,corn, mixed green salad and deviled eggs. I let the kids bring the drinks and dessert.

mjsylvstr 04-03-2010 10:45 AM

How about a nice bowl of cold slaw and/or a jello mold........
and then a delicious dessert.

It isn't dinner without dessert

Whatever you serve, enjoy the day and the company

Maryjane

mjsylvstr 04-03-2010 10:48 AM

Hubby and I are going out and .....and as I mentioned above.......
I am bringing dessert.

I am making peach cobbler.......w/ whipped cream or ice cream.....
or plain for those not caring for those extra calories.......

but come on now..it's a holiday

mj