Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Friday the 13th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/friday-13th-t230107.html)

QuiltnNan 09-13-2013 03:15 AM

i'm not at all superstitious, but sometimes i say something appropriate to the situation just to go along with others

Annaquilts 09-13-2013 03:17 AM

Yes this! I am so ready for the weekend.

Originally Posted by stablemom (Post 6290460)
I am not superstitious. This is just another day....but it's Friday which is good!!!!

Suzette316 09-13-2013 03:30 AM

I can't think of a single superstition that I follow. I adore black cats, I've walked under many a ladder and broken my fair share of mirrors over the years. I have even opened an umbrella or two in the house! :shock: All that, and I'm still here to talk about it, relatively unscathed. :)

I guess superstitions are fun for some and debilitating to others, but I have none that I believe in or make me alter my day. :)

hamchips88 09-13-2013 03:42 AM

have to go to town today. will have to watch all idiots out there. oh! there is idiot drivers out there no matter what day it is.. :)

thequilteddove 09-13-2013 03:44 AM

I do my best NOT to think about how it's Friday the 13th! And I was do'n good, completely forgot til I saw this! *chants* Today will be a good day! Nothing bad will happen to me or anyone I love/care about. May the world stay safe today.

Oh wait, I say that prayer every day lol *waves arm over head, placing a imaginary protective barrier to ward off any evil happenings* There, that should do it lol

Anael 09-13-2013 04:04 AM

Well, I'm almost a believer :)
I tried to burn a few DVD's. First the programm didn't work, so I removed it from the computer and installed it again. Same problem. I downloaded another free programm, didn't work. Tried another one, that did work.
The DVD tray opened automaticly which I didn't expect, coffee cup was in the way, keyboard soaked so searched for a spare keyboard. When I was upstairs looking for the keyboard I heard a 'bang' .......tray opened again, coffee cup again in the way, fell and is now in the bin.
I think I'm going to watch a movie instead of FMQ :D :D

SewSassy 09-13-2013 05:58 AM

I was married on Friday the 13...best thing that ever happened to me.

mighty 09-13-2013 06:34 AM

Just another day.

Anniedeb 09-13-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 6290645)
Being Native American we burn sage in the house to keep bad spirits and bad feelings away. The smoke also carries our good wishes and prayers to Wakan Tanka.

Thank you!

sandy l 09-13-2013 08:26 AM

I don't let anyone hand me the salt shaker..just set it on table within my reach. Never say the name of the Shakespeare play outloud, the one about Scotland. Don't whistle in the theater dressing rooms. Never tell a actor "good luck", it's allways "break a leg" And probably a few more that I don't even realize I either do or say:)