Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Friday the 13th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/friday-13th-t230107.html)

tessagin 09-13-2013 08:38 AM

Well today is HAPPY TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA DAY! If you come across a black cat about to cross your path, pat it on the head and smile, It will probably just want another pat and maybe a hug. If you come near a ladder, look up to see if some one could use some help to steady it. Be careful burning sage in the house, you may catch it on fire and don't want to risk anyone who has allergies. Also who in their right mind ever puts shoes on the table anyway, period. Think about where they have been walking on the ground. There may be someone behind you who gets salt in their eyes if you throw it over your shoulder (doesn't matter which one). I always make sure any pocket knife is closed no matter who opens it. Dangerous if in hands of wrong party. I choose to be excited that it's the end of a busy week and the beginning of the weekend. 1+3= 4 So think positive. Also most people usually see the banana peel. You can either pick it up out of the way or take the chance and not be aware of your surroundings and slip and fall on your behind. Opening an umbrella indoors, only if you have a leaky roof! SO HAPPY TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA DAY, EVERYONE! BE POSITIVE!:)

tessagin 09-13-2013 08:42 AM

Anael, you just need to watch where you put things.:)

Chasing Hawk 09-13-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6291363)
Well today is HAPPY TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA DAY! If you come across a black cat about to cross your path, pat it on the head and smile, It will probably just want another pat and maybe a hug. If you come near a ladder, look up to see if some one could use some help to steady it. Be careful burning sage in the house, you may catch it on fire and don't want to risk anyone who has allergies. Also who in their right mind ever puts shoes on the table anyway, period. Think about where they have been walking on the ground. There may be someone behind you who gets salt in their eyes if you throw it over your shoulder (doesn't matter which one). I always make sure any pocket knife is closed no matter who opens it. Dangerous if in hands of wrong party. I choose to be excited that it's the end of a busy week and the beginning of the weekend. 1+3= 4 So think positive. Also most people usually see the banana peel. You can either pick it up out of the way or take the chance and not be aware of your surroundings and slip and fall on your behind. Opening an umbrella indoors, only if you have a leaky roof! SO HAPPY TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA DAY, EVERYONE! BE POSITIVE!:)

I like this......

Thanks Tess

Kimkankwilt 09-13-2013 10:40 AM

Lottery tickets for me. Friday the 13th has brought me good luck in the past.

omacookie 09-13-2013 10:46 AM

My MIL always said that '' You never give a knife unless you include a penny " If you do it will cut friendship. Hugs

Neesie 09-13-2013 02:50 PM

I'm not the least bit superstitious. When I was young, I'd break as many superstitious rules as I could, just to prove them wrong. :D

Misty's Mom 09-13-2013 03:36 PM

Just another day.

lynnie 09-13-2013 05:12 PM

I usually burn some sage, don't know where it disappeared to, prob. son took it. I once upened an umbrella in my grandmas closet, bou could get the history on them on bing or google.roke a mirror. most superstitions go back in history. y

institches33 09-14-2013 04:03 AM

On Friday the 13th a flight from Helsinki was "Hel 666". The plane was full.

jitkaau 09-14-2013 06:27 AM

I'm not superstitious. The only reason that 13 became an unlucky number is because Judas was the 13th member at the Last Supper table. My belief is that it is a self fulfilling prophecy that things will go wrongly if you expect them to.