Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Grief no wonder we marched in the streets. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-grief-no-wonder-we-marched-streets-t68325.html)

Lady Shivesa 10-08-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
please do not exploit this topic as an opportunity to preach politics or religion. we'll be forced to either lock or delete it.

Oops, sorry, was that directed at me? I'll go change my post if you want, don't want to step on any toes...

patricej 10-08-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa

please do not exploit this topic as an opportunity to preach politics or religion. we'll be forced to either lock or delete it.

Oops, sorry, was that directed at me? I'll go change my post if you want, don't want to step on any toes...

it wasn't directed at any one person in particular.

there are many pages to this topic ... lots of shoes for lots of folks to try on. if some fit, we'll pretend we didn't notice and just go back to having fun. ;-)

noveltyjunkie 10-08-2010 03:23 PM

Can you explain that please?
Are you objecting to the fact that two people (including me) made pretty mild comments about some churches having done some damage in terms of women's rights within relationships? Neither of us made any futher negative comment about religion.
Or are you objecting to the (very many more) people who came on here making biblical quotes and being generally more pro-religion in their posts?
I really want to understand exactly what the policy is on here about this.
I have already explored by PM with Admin what exactly the "religion is off topic" rule means, given so many people make pro-religious comments on here every day.
As mederator, perhaps you can illuminate the board policy in this area?
Thanks

patricej 10-08-2010 03:45 PM

i'm frankly surprised it needs clarification.

i don't object to anybody's religious views. ok. except for the nut over there worshipping a potato chip. but ... i digress.

we shouldn't be dragging religion into any conversation here in any way, shape or fashion ... whether it be pro or anti.

the same goes for politics and all variants thereof.

we are thousands, from all walks of life, all over the world. none of us has the right to exploit this board as an opportunity to foist their views on others.

by avoiding it altogether, we don't have to widdle and twiddle over shades and degrees.

Chasing Hawk 10-08-2010 03:50 PM

i don't object to anybody's religious views. ok. except for the nut over there worshipping a potato chip. but ... i digress.

we shouldn't be dragging religion into any conversation here in any way, shape or fashion ... whether it be pro or anti.

we are thousands, from all walks of life, all over the world. none of us has the right to exploit this board as an opportunity to foist their views on others.

by avoiding it altogether, we don't have to widdle and twiddle over shades and degrees.

Bravo Patrice !

Gramof6 10-08-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Bravo Patrice !

Well put Patrice! :thumbup:

KarenSimon 10-08-2010 09:05 PM

This is NOT me, but it sure sounds like my mom.

bearisgray 10-08-2010 10:30 PM

Actually, I am still wondering what source the article was from.

I was looking for something like this: Ladies Home Journal, April 1960, page 40, author's name.

catmcclure 10-09-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Actually, I am still wondering what source the article was from.

I was looking for something like this: Ladies Home Journal, April 1960, page 40, author's name.

Actually, at the top of the article is:

"Housekeeping Monthly 13 May 1955"

katesnanna 10-09-2010 06:51 AM

I had a book that had this in it. It was a school "domestic science" text book from the 1960's. Can't say I remember the part about husband staying out all night but as I thought the whole thing was a load of manure it's quite possible that it was. I was a teen in the 60's. When I showed it to my girls in the eighties they roared with laughter and said I was pulling their leg.
A friend gave the book to me for the recipes but this was taught in schools only 50 years ago (OMG that makes me feel ancient.)