Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you ever received a call saying your computer called them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-ever-received-call-saying-your-computer-called-them-t246947.html)

madamekelly 05-19-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini (Post 6722496)
Haha, my husband tells them he has an Apple!

I get one of these every once in a while. I have my script ready.- "You say there's something wrong with my computer?" (Or whatever their opening line is repeated back to them, then I am so very concerned that I start to tear up, because I only have a little insurance money left, and How will I ever get it fixed?) (This is where they tell me they can fix it for me.) You can?! Oh my it must be my lucky day! OK, tell me what to do! The first question is always "what operating system do you have? My answer is "electric". While they try to figure out what I just said, (Did I mention I take my teeth out to answer the call) while they are telling me what to do, I am being very noisy while punching keys on the keyboard, and asking them to wait, can you repeat that, etc. after having trouble doing what they want, I suddenly say I know what the problem is! "I just got an error message telling me that punching buttons on a keyboard, while the computer is off is useless." They usually hang up in disgust at this point, but if they don't, my next question is "Should I turn it on now?" (This is usually followed by silence on the line... ) Mwahahahaha! I am a vicious old broad!

Teddybear Lady 05-19-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6723741)
I get one of these every once in a while. I have my script ready.- "You say there's something wrong with my computer?" (Or whatever their opening line is repeated back to them, then I am so very concerned that I start to tear up, because I only have a little insurance money left, and How will I ever get it fixed?) (This is where they tell me they can fix it for me.) You can?! Oh my it must be my lucky day! OK, tell me what to do! The first question is always "what operating system do you have? My answer is "electric". While they try to figure out what I just said, (Did I mention I take my teeth out to answer the call) while they are telling me what to do, I am being very noisy while punching keys on the keyboard, and asking them to wait, can you repeat that, etc. after having trouble doing what they want, I suddenly say I know what the problem is! "I just got an error message telling me that punching buttons on a keyboard, while the computer is off is useless." They usually hang up in disgust at this point, but if they don't, my next question is "Should I turn it on now?" (This is usually followed by silence on the line... ) Mwahahahaha! I am a vicious old broad!

Haha...I love it! Don't they know not to mess with us?

Teddybear Lady 05-19-2014 08:51 PM

I have caller ID and do not answer any calls I don't recognize. If they don't leave a message on my machine, I assume it wasn't important or was a scam. Sometimes when they call and mispronounce our last name I ask..."who is calling"? They rattle off who they are and I just hang up. One time someone called for my husband..."May I speak with Mr.... I said, "he's at work right now". They asked if I had the authority to make decisions and I told them I was just the housekeeper. They hung up on me! haha

mary quilting 05-26-2014 07:54 AM

I just got the call from them 5 minuets ago . I am so glad I saw this post the other day . I just said scam scam scam and hung up