Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help to recycle Folger Coffee Container (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-recycle-folger-coffee-container-t171375.html)

Kat Sews 12-08-2011 11:16 AM

Decorate them and use to gift baked goods at christmas. Store cut to size (a la Bonnie Hunter) quilt scraps, one can full of asst. 2" squares is enough to make a baby size quilt. Sand buckets for kids. Keep toilet paper dry when you go camping.

owlvamp 12-08-2011 11:29 AM

The tin ones we put wax paper in and then fugde. It's wonderful. Not a coffee drinker either have to get them from Brother in law.

BellaBoo 12-08-2011 11:35 AM

I salvaged some of them from guild meetings and I used them to hold paint. They make great portable disposable paint containers. It was easy to hold the container when doing the edge painting around the molding around the ceiling and base boards. I quilt saving all the nifty containers. It got where I had more saved stuff then reasons to save it! Now when I have an empty neat container I take it to guild. Someone will have a use for it. The Taster's Choice instant coffee container is worth buying just for the container. No lid to have to take off, it pops up with a push and closes with a push. We use them as thread/trim catchers for guild tables.

Tartan 12-08-2011 12:14 PM

Would they work to do the bucket tool holder? I've seen them done on a mug and a small bucket. Are your container the right size for something similar? Look on www.sewmanyways.com blogspot and see if they have been in a tool time tuesday tutorial.

gollytwo 12-08-2011 01:17 PM

I have 2 large ones next to my cutting table
I cut smaller scraps into 2" or 1 1/2" squares. Have taped a cut square on each cannister so I don't toss the squares into the wrong one.

Kitsie 12-08-2011 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've used the 1/2 lb can like this for years! Fits nicely right by my machine. Only supposed to be one pic! Useful for thread and scraps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294206[/ATTACH]

QuiltingKrazy 12-08-2011 07:05 PM

Well, our lab has decided they make really good dog toys! She loves the handle grip part on the large can.
She bites that part, picks them up and runs around! That wasy she can see where she's going! She also uses
them like soccer balls!

nativetexan 12-08-2011 07:05 PM

my hubby uses them for his used insulin needles after he bends them.

sew1 12-08-2011 07:06 PM

Hubby uses them for screws and such in workshop. Store that extra roll of toilet paper. Just cover and there you go.

Tink's Mom 12-08-2011 08:10 PM

I pour salt into them for use during the winter...I have a can at each door, so that I can sprinkle the salt on the sidewalk ice to make it go away...
It sure beats trying to lug the big 30# bag of salt to sprinkle on the sidewalks.