Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help to recycle Folger Coffee Container (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-recycle-folger-coffee-container-t171375.html)

Up North 12-08-2011 08:16 PM

My mom also keeps bird seed in them to fill her feeder WE use one for dog food.

vwquilting 12-08-2011 08:20 PM

They make great scissor holdres. Cut slits in the lid and insert scissors

Steady Stiching 12-09-2011 05:14 AM

Great minds think alike...I too use them as paint containers, as well as salt scooper/shaker.
What about those of you who knit or crochet..punch a hole in the lid and put your ball of yarn. (i think i would melt a hole, would be smoother and less likley to catch and fray

chatonne40 12-09-2011 05:32 AM

What a great Idea!!! I have lots of them and do not need flour and sugar etc containers anymore. I have many birds around so I will try this thanks

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4763000)
You can spray paint them. cut a small hole in the front and make bird houses..

renee765 12-09-2011 05:43 AM

I know you all are going to think I'm making this up, but I'm not.

My husband and I used to love to take Caribbean cruises. As his health was failing, we started talking about what we wanted to the kids to do after we were gone. We were sitting on the veranda of the cruise ship, looking over the beautiful water, and started talking about how we both felt so 'at home' there. We also felt that big funerals were too expensive, with that money better used elsewhere. (I have to add that our spirituality feels that the body is a container, and our souls will go on after our container stops working.)

So, agreed that whichever of us was the second to go would save the ashes of the first to go in a Folger's Coffee Can, and the kids would add the ashes of the second to go into that same can. Instead of spending a lot of money on a funeral, we have asked them to use our insurancr money to take a family cruise to the Caribbean (taking the Folger's can with our ashes), remember us fondly, and throw our ashes into the Caribbean.

I'm serious. My husband passed away four years ago, and while I haven't put his ashes in the Folger's coffee can yet, it is waiting out in the garage for us.

When we did our wills, our lawyer suggested we keep this request out of the document and just talk it over with the kids. He was afraid a judge would question our 'sound minds'.

nanacarolyn 12-09-2011 07:19 AM

I drill holes in botom and start flowers in them to sell at flee markets,cheap and it works

Ellageo 12-09-2011 08:20 AM

Forget the cup! Use the bucket to Organize

1 Attachment(s)
I 'converted' the mug organizer idea, to the Folgers(in red) & Maxwell House(in blue) coffee containers. I too, have a problem throwing them away! These larger organizers really help all around the house & shop!

trolleystation 12-09-2011 08:22 AM

Mine are donated to the local soup kitchen. They are used for the the grease that is left from cooking meats, etc. I know that they are plastic but they do hold up well.

puppy 12-09-2011 08:47 AM

our schools recycle the tubs. halloween, xmas, valentines, easter . then we have a city garbage recycle truck that picks up on garbage day.they take plastic, glass, cans. paper.i recycle so much i only have to put garbage tubs out 1x a month.

Jazzlife 12-09-2011 08:54 AM

Use them for stablizer inside of bags instead of timtex