Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hot Hot Hot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hot-hot-hot-t46909.html)

AnnaK 05-25-2010 03:37 PM

Can you send some of that warm weather here? We've had unseasonable rain all Spring. It usually stops raining in early April and doesn't come back until November-ish. I'm tired of it and ready for sunshine!

Marge L. 05-25-2010 05:42 PM

Oh, yes, Iowa has the heat and humidity, too. I hate summer.Can't stand the heat and w/ the humidity too high, it has made me sick at times. Last summer wasn't so bad. Used the AC just a few days. Best summer I can remember in my 80+ yrs. Give me winter if I have to choose. Can always put on enough to keep warm, but it's darn hard to take off enough to stay cool. Wouldn't that clear the town. LOL

BrendaB 05-25-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
Oh, yes, Iowa has the heat and humidity, too. I hate summer.Can't stand the heat and w/ the humidity too high, it has made me sick at times. Last summer wasn't so bad. Used the AC just a few days. Best summer I can remember in my 80+ yrs. Give me winter if I have to choose. Can always put on enough to keep warm, but it's darn hard to take off enough to stay cool. Wouldn't that clear the town. LOL

And another thing - the bugs in summer. I never get dive-bombed in the winter when I go outside! lol

Alu_Rathbone 05-25-2010 07:12 PM

Today was not bad... still was in the high 80's... not sure what tomorow will be... Still feeling a bit under the weather... my tummy still bothers me... I'm not sure why. I'm going to go lie down and hope I feel better tomorrow.

Lisanne 05-25-2010 09:05 PM

Here in beautiful southern California, it's been in the 60s and 70s all the time I've been here. I'm loving it!

earthwalker 05-25-2010 10:35 PM

Hope you feel better soon. We are in winter mode here...quite chilly but the woodbaskets are full and the fire set ready for tonight. I much prefer the cooler weather, and I really hate airconditioners (we have ceiling fans). Don't forget to check your filters are really clean, or replace them if they get too old. It's such an easy thing to forget, and you can get quite bad respiratory problems if it isn't done regularly.

BrendaB 05-26-2010 12:32 PM

Earthwalker, thank you for the tips. Really good idea. :-)

mamajan 05-26-2010 01:14 PM

We had 6+" of snow for Mother's Day!! By this last Monday, the 24th, it was 90+ (warmer than Las Vegas!) It's no wonder that everyone has sinus trouble around here!

Alu_Rathbone 05-26-2010 02:49 PM

Today isn't too bad... I'm feeling alright today...

Suzanne57 05-26-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I've noticed that when I eat I get sick... and I think it's due to the temp... Tomorrow will be strictly water and light fare...

I get headaches when I get too hot and I live in Texas. A/C is not an option here. I usually set the A/C to about 79/80F. Below that I get too cold. I moved here from Michigan and don't miss the winters there.