Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hot Hot Hot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hot-hot-hot-t46909.html)

PALS65 05-24-2010 05:46 PM

93 here in Wisconsin!

fun2quilt 05-24-2010 05:49 PM

We spent last night in the basement bedroom. Waaaaay cooler than upstairs. Tonight I have the a/c running :)

Alu_Rathbone 05-24-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
So day two... it is 88 degrees out side... and in side it is 85 degrees... I think it is time for my mom to get a new air conditioner!

It might need to be cleaned and/or might need replacement coolant (freeon). If you Google how to fix room air conditioners, you will find several websites that explain what to do. (Coolant replacement requires a technician, but cleaning you can do yourself.)

Thats what I told my mom yesterday! lol This air conditioner is about 4 years old? I think it needs a coolant replacement... We do have another air conditioner that we are going to try... and see if that works... will do that tomorrow...

Alu_Rathbone 05-24-2010 07:07 PM

I've noticed that when I eat I get sick... and I think it's due to the temp... Tomorrow will be strictly water and light fare...

Lyn 05-25-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I hate summer! :thumbdown:
I love winter! :thumbup:

Oh I agree. It will be 93 here today. My family calls me the human sprinkler. In the winter I am almost normal. Today I will be a puddle.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 05-25-2010 08:02 AM

I HATE A/C, it's always too cold!
I freeze my butt off all winter in Montreal, and in the summer I have to pay extra to freeze my butt off?
We installed the air conditionners yesterday (it was nearly 100 degrees f. with the humidex) and Sasha had it blasting. I kid you not, I had fuzzy socks, jogging pants, a sweater, and my chenille housecoat on top to be warm.
I'll use the a/c on low when it's really disgustingly hot or muggy, or I'll turn it on and leave the house and switch it off when I come home to a cooled house.
I usually remote start my car a few minutes ahead to cool it off, and then turn off the a/c when I get in. The cold makes me sick.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 05-25-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn

Originally Posted by marsye
I hate summer! :thumbdown:
I love winter! :thumbup:

Oh I agree. It will be 93 here today. My family calls me the human sprinkler. In the winter I am almost normal. Today I will be a puddle.

Must be like Sasha. He sweats if you just look at him! I think that's why he likes the a/c up so high, noone wants to be sweaty and uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I have to freeze my butt off so he can be comfortable... there's no middle ground with him.

Lyn 05-25-2010 08:47 AM

I hate ac also. I get a summer cold or allergies not sure what. I am at an age where I like my comfort. :-D

Alu_Rathbone 05-25-2010 01:43 PM

Today isn't so bad, it's under 80 in the house... and around 90 out side... although out side it feels like 95... ugh...

BrendaB 05-25-2010 03:30 PM

You all have my sympathy. I don't do well in the heat and humidity either. I'm with Marsey - I love winter. The only thing I like about warmer weather is the fresh veggies. Snow in Utah in May?! Wow. I hope your gardens survive too. Hope everyone else gets a break from the heat soon. :-)