Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hot Hot Hot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hot-hot-hot-t46909.html)

Prism99 05-24-2010 03:07 PM

I remember my mother cooling the living room by placing a big block of ice in a pan in front of a window fan. Of course, in those days the ice trucks made the rounds of the neighborhood every day! Just had to run out and flag it down to buy a big block of ice.

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-24-2010 03:07 PM

It's going to be in the 90's tomorrow here in NH. I really don't like hot weather, or humidity. I like the Fall the best. In the summer, I bask in the a/c!

Chasing Hawk 05-24-2010 03:09 PM

Here in Central Oregon, winter still has here cold icy grip on things. Snow peas and rain and a nice cold breeze to boot.

Tink's Mom 05-24-2010 03:24 PM

I stopped by Sam's Club this morning...and the airconditioners were leaving quickly...90degrees today...
Tell your Mom the new ones are cheaper to run...

mygirl66 05-24-2010 03:39 PM

I gave away 2 air conditioners when I moved, they were only 3 years old. I had a hard time giving them away, everyone has central air!

marsye 05-24-2010 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hate summer! :thumbdown:
I love winter! :thumbup:

seamstome 05-24-2010 04:03 PM

Im in Woodstock. My sewing room is in the peak of the house. It was stifling in there. You would have to quilt naked to be able to breathe! I cranked the entire house AC down to 68 to get my room 80. I put up with this all last year, As soon as this heat breaks I am calling the AC guy to see what can be done.

QuiltMania 05-24-2010 04:07 PM

It's about 85 here today. Sadly the central air broke at the end of last summer and we don't have the thousands of dollars the guy wants to fix it right now. On the up side, my brother will be coming home from Germany where SIL is stationed in July. He knows how to do heating/air conditioning and my take pity and fix it for me cheap. So for now, I'll be investing in some fans.

littlehud 05-24-2010 05:02 PM

It is so warm and humid here. The night before last it was almost 90 in my room. I don't have a vent in there and it's on the second floor. I made my son open his bedroom door ( he has a vent and a cool room ) I used fans to direct some of the cool to my room and it's a bit better now. About 79. That works for me.

seamstome 05-24-2010 05:03 PM

You are not going to believe this one.

Hubby walks up into my sewing room and says holy crap it's hot in here. Like I didnt notice the 100 degree heat in the room which is 14 by 10 with three fans in it. Really I said, I hadnt noticed.

Then I got a new kitchen cart today. Came in three boxes. It was 90 degrees out today and my hubby is downstairs burning the boxes in the fireplace!!!

One of us is crazy. Im pretty sure it's not me.