Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-not-even-old-enough-married-t76259.html)

ilovequilts 11-13-2010 11:59 PM

Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...

luvTooQuilt 11-14-2010 12:03 AM

OMG.. No.. good for you for being independent... Life is short, have fun, be responsible and enjoy all that you can married or not...

deltadawn 11-14-2010 12:34 AM

No - not at all .......I was 27 when I got married and my sister was 30 ! Very expensive year for our parents ! She married in the Feb and me in the Dec same year !

Quiltforme 11-14-2010 01:13 AM

Stay single do everything you want first or until you find the right man! I had a kid at 21 and I would not change things but maybe have waited a little longer!!

Lacelady 11-14-2010 01:35 AM

Don't rush into anything just because people are 'expecting' you to. If you want to get married, you will know when its the right time.

scowlkat 11-14-2010 01:36 AM

Only in the deep South! LOL! Waiting until you meet the right person is so important and may not happen until you are 50! I know because my best friend did just that!

sewcrafty 11-14-2010 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...

OMG absolutely not!!! Hey you're young once, enjoy it!!! I didn't get married until I was 27. Things to do, places to go - you know what I mean. Enjoy yourself hun, explore.

DebsShelties 11-14-2010 03:18 AM

For some their line of thinking is you must have a partner to be happy in life - that is how they were brought up. Not everyone has to have a partner to be happy in life. True happiness is found within one's own self, not another person.
You are young, enjoy life and if you run across someone you feel you want to spend your life with, then consider getting married.
Get married for the right reasons! Not because someone is pushing you, etc.

AlwaysQuilting 11-14-2010 03:21 AM

I had 2 kids by your age but that's what girls did back then. Got married 2 weeks out of high school.
My DDs got married in their mid 20's and are happy as clams.
Live your life your way and enjoy yourself. Just smile at people who rush you.

SuziC 11-14-2010 04:13 AM

Not at all....enjoy yourself! Your time will come.