Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2014-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t237721.html)

Maggiemay 01-06-2014 06:30 AM

Congrats QuilterMomma! That's real dedication to lose over the holidays! Good for you!

I lost 1/2lb in Dec & was pretty proud of myself for that small accomplishment! Just not to have a gain with all of the festivities & parties we had made me happy.

We are in the midst of a serious winter storm here. I think I will be hibernating for the next few days. I'm just thankful I don't have to go out.

createfourpaws 01-06-2014 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished my first quilt of 2014, will be delivering this afternoon along with the t-shirt quilt that is my avatar for now.[ATTACH=CONFIG]455104[/ATTACH]

toverly 01-07-2014 04:58 AM

That's really neat createfourpaws. I love the pop of color. I have never tried black background before, but your quilt really makes me want to try one. Good job.

meanmom 01-07-2014 05:35 AM

I love the quilt. I have been off school yesterday and today because of the cold. It is -10 right now with a wind chill of -30. I never left the house yesterday. I am doing a demo at quilt guild next week on inset circles. I got my demos made but I still need to write up a tutorial. I found one online but it needs to be fixed.
I threw all of the goodies away yesterday. I need to get back on track. I ate good yesterday. I do need to exercise. Everyone stay warm with the deep freeze gripping most of the country.

CindyA 01-07-2014 06:42 AM

Pat, we are off school today, also. DH and I were just sitting here wondering what they'll do about tomorrow because it's supposed to be as cold in the morning (when all the kids will be standing in the cold waiting for the bus) but will warm up more by afternoon.

My shoulder is bothering me less and less, but I can still feel it (and my hip and knee) after falling on the ice on Saturday. I'm taking it easy so I don't make it worse but I will get in the floor and do a good stretch today. So glad I don't have to get out today.

CindyR, LOVE the quilt. So bright and fun! Thanks for the calcium information. My doctor has been after me for years to improve my calcium intake.

Healthy choices for today!

Pam H 01-07-2014 07:40 AM

Love your quilt, Cindy!

createfourpaws 01-07-2014 08:24 AM

CindyA....I received you package. It is in the car and too cold to go get it last night after I got home from delivering the Over and Under quilt. My friend fell in love with it, he says it will go with him every where. LOL I said to him what like Linus with his blanket. He said yes.

Keep up all you changes, no matter how small they count. Today I backed my lunch and dinner for work. It is cold here in Texas also.

JenGaile 01-07-2014 09:03 AM

I keep meaning to bring my FQ's to work to mail. I promise they will go out tomorrow.

Joined WW last Saturday and have been dedicated to the program. My goal is in reach.......just have to make better food choices.

Vanogay 01-07-2014 11:28 AM

TABOO Tuesday is a Terrific Tuesday. When you reach a goal, reward yourself. If you are on the downward slide (yeah!) and have reached a plateau or a small goal toward your eventual loss, allow yourself a small reward - a (read ONE) cookie, perhaps (something sinful), but follow that up with an extra bottle of water to offset it. Don't go overboard and don't celebrate every pound lost, just significant losses. If you allow yourself a small reward, it makes sticking to the diet much easier. Something about our brains working differently...I can do this with a cookie, but I couldn't do it with just one piece of chocolate (great that there's none of that in the house). Find something that works for you. And I'm sitting here drinking my extra bottle of water because I celebrated this lunch time. Next plateau (for my celebration) is 5 pounds less than today.

QuilterMomma 01-07-2014 12:42 PM

Love the tips you gals come up with.