Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2014-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t237721.html)

Onetomatoplant 01-09-2014 05:53 PM

I'm in, but will start with the month of February since January is 1/3 over (when did THAT happen?). For anyone looking for a convenient way to count calories, check out myfitnesspal.com. They also have an app. Theoretically, if I just DON'T eat the way I've been eating over the holidays, I should lose weight. But, alas, the metabolism has come to a screeching halt and it doesn't work that way anymore. Sad sigh.

Maggiemay 01-10-2014 04:56 AM

I like yogurt the way Meanmom does too. Especially in the sumner with a little granola & fresh fruit- yum- tastes like dessert! My new favorite breakfast for winter is oatmeal cooked with a diced apple & a teaspoon of cinnamon & a teaspoon of brown sugar. I was never a big fan of oatmeal growing up but I like it this way.

QuilterMomma 01-10-2014 05:48 AM

Friday Funny

1 Attachment(s)
Just a little humor for you today.

JenGaile 01-10-2014 10:02 AM

So, I joined WW last week and have been staying on track, eating lots of fruits and veggies and cutting out snacking.

My FQ's are in the mail today, sorry for the delay.

createfourpaws 01-10-2014 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JenGaile (Post 6504790)
So, I joined WW last week and have been staying on track, eating lots of fruits and veggies and cutting out snacking.

My FQ's are in the mail today, sorry for the delay.

With the way the weather has been across the country, I understand the delay in mailing the FQ's. when they arrive I will let you know.

Teddybear Lady 01-10-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady (Post 6501819)
Love the colors in your quilt Cindy. I "bit the bullet" yesterday and went for my weigh in. I was surprised that I had only gained 6 lbs. over Nov and Dec. I was expecting a lot more. I got back on track and I'm keeping my food journal and drinking my water. That's what helps me the most. Keeping track of my eating. I try to make this little saying my motto..."if you bite it, you write it". Makes me think twice about sticking something in my mouth out of habit or boredom. I haven't gotten out to get my FQ's yet. It's been so cold and now tonight we have freezing rain. Hopefully it will warm up like they said on the weather forecast and I can get to town.
Debbie

I went for my weigh in today and I was down 3.4 lbs. I had gained 6.2 from Nov. and Dec. eating all the wrong things. I'm back on track and doing better. I had a "sugar withdrawal" headache for two days but got over it. Getting my water in when it was 9 degrees outside was the hardest part.

Cindy, I've got my FQ's and will probably mail them one day next week. It's raining cats and dogs here today. haha

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Debbie

lynnie 01-10-2014 07:27 PM

I might join next month. the dietician put me on a diabetes diet and i'm thinking of getting in on this. it's to late to join now. I didn't get to see her till the 2nd, and just started it on mon. good luck all

createfourpaws 01-11-2014 05:30 AM

Here is today's tip

Choose whole grains like oats to replace high calorie pastries. You can save calories and spare yourself excess fat, sugar and sodium. For a delicious, seasonal breakfast, try making breakfast bars with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/<wbr>food-groups/downloads/TenTips/<wbr>DGTipsheet4MakeHalfYourGrainsW<wbr>hole.pdf

nancia 01-11-2014 11:50 AM

Well, I was financially committed to doing this, but haven't even pretended to change my eating. Next month i will hopefully be in the swing of things.
What are the three sq's that I'm sending? Left my car open during the storms and it froze shut after i closed it up. It's thawed now! Yay! Just letting you know I'm still here!

Pam H 01-11-2014 01:43 PM

Hey, nancia! Welcome back! We could use an update on your sweet little Olivia. Maybe a picture too?