Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joe's Crab Shack -- Anyone been there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joes-crab-shack-anyone-been-there-t196716.html)

amandasgramma 08-06-2012 06:01 PM

OKAY!!!! We went there tonight. It didn't help that I-205 was backed up with and accident -- took us 45 min. to go 15 miles. Remember -- I'm from a small town where "congestion" means 3 cars at an intersection!!! WHEW!

Noise level -- not too bad ---- but we were there early -- as we were leaving the crowds had come and people were waiting in line.
Food --- good except I let them put Old Bay Seasoning on all the fish --- well, I've used that product and NEVER felt like my mouth was on fire!!!! I'm sure they put Cayan in it!! -- otherwise -- YUM YUM YUM!!! Still haven't had my fill of crab though!!!
Prices -- yeah -- spendier than we normally spend. We got a "steam pot"....and an appetizer of 12 shrimp. We shared it all -- so total price was less than if we'd gone to Outback. :) :)

We've been, we'll do it again!

kathome 08-06-2012 06:38 PM

I've been there 3 times because DH loves it there. Honestly, I don't know why. We were rushed and it's noisy and crowded to the point of annoyance. But worse of all, ALL 3 TIMES I GOT SICK. That can't possibly be a coincidence.

No kidding. Stomach pain and bad diarrhea. So now, I don't care how much DH loves it, he can go alone. Never again.

stichinluvr 08-06-2012 07:46 PM

Great food. Great atmosphere (very casual).

QuiltnLady1 08-06-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Missus Fear (Post 5418276)
Don't go because allergic to shellfish and don't trust that a shellfish has not touched other stuff! Have fun in Portland, one of my favorite cities!

I hesitate for the same reason, but I have had great luck when I tell the waiter that I am allergic to shell fish and could they please ask the cook what I could eat that does not have any shellfish. I then tell them that if the pan that cooks my portions has not been well washed then need to have the paramedics standby. I have not had problems. :)

Debra Mc 08-06-2012 08:22 PM

It is good but expensive. Those steamer pots they have been advertising start at $25.00. Start! You can get some for 2 people that are $39.95. Remember these are Texas prices. May be higher or lower where you are. Was fun.

JillC 08-06-2012 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5418283)
Thank, everyone! We're going to stay Monday nite in Pdx, then I'm flying out to Colorado to see son and his family. Can't wait -- haven't seen them in 1 1/2 yrs!!!! WAY too long. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get hubby into the Fabric Depot.....:) :)

They have a nice couch and a TV in the entry area. Usually a couple supportive spouses chilling while waiting for the ladies. He'll have a good time

Dolphyngyrl 09-01-2012 05:59 PM

There not too bad 25 dollar range here in cali

raedar63 09-01-2012 06:08 PM

The food was good but I am not for the chaos lol.

amandasgramma 09-01-2012 06:56 PM

We went about 4:00 and it wasn't bad, but by the time we left (5:00 or so) it was getting crazy. And yes, $25.00 isn't bad at all for what we got.