Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joe's Crab Shack -- Anyone been there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joes-crab-shack-anyone-been-there-t196716.html)

amandasgramma 08-04-2012 04:55 PM

Joe's Crab Shack -- Anyone been there?

We'll be heading to the Portland, Oregon area on Monday --- have a chance to go to Joe's Crab Shack. Their ads on TV have been driving me crazy!!!! Has anyone been to one --- and what are the price ranges?? I looked online but they don't say the prices. :)

Thanks in advance!

dee

NikkiLu 08-04-2012 05:20 PM

My girls took me to the one in Branson last year for my birthday and I can honestly say that it was the most fun place to eat!!! But, I did not see the bill and cannot remember what mine cost on the menu. About the same as Red Lobster, I would think - but not nearly as "fancy". They bring you your order in a bucket and you throw your "bones" (shells, corn cobs, etc.) in another bucket/hole in the table. The waitress brings paper/plastic bibs and she writes things on them with a magic marker - Queen Crab - and the like. The waitresses all get together and sing little cute songs. Nothing fancy about it at all - but so much fun.

NikkiLu 08-04-2012 05:23 PM

OMG - at the top of this page is now an ad from Joe's Crab Shack - says to click on it and receive coupons. What a smart computer.

Ccorazone 08-04-2012 06:20 PM

I've been there once and vowed never to go again. The noise level was beyond control. And those waiters that ran around singing happy birthday all the time.

Teacup 08-04-2012 06:37 PM

It's my DH's favorite place to go...was so full on Father's Day we couldn't get in. The one near us, sandwiches/salads approx. $7-$9 range. Seafood meals are more, lobster of course is much higher.

sew_Tracy 08-04-2012 06:39 PM

Don't go because allergic to shellfish and don't trust that a shellfish has not touched other stuff! Have fun in Portland, one of my favorite cities!

amandasgramma 08-04-2012 06:45 PM

Thank, everyone! We're going to stay Monday nite in Pdx, then I'm flying out to Colorado to see son and his family. Can't wait -- haven't seen them in 1 1/2 yrs!!!! WAY too long. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get hubby into the Fabric Depot.....:) :)

luvTooQuilt 08-04-2012 06:47 PM

its not expensive but pricier than most.. Its hubbys favorite place and for the three of us our bill is in the $75 range... Including tip.. i dont like seafood but they have a nice non fish section too..

quiltingcandy 08-04-2012 10:43 PM

I have only been to the one in San Diego. The prices were fair. The atmosphere is extremely casual. We haven't been there for a while. I did prefer to go for dinner instead of lunch.

Rubesgirl 08-05-2012 03:57 AM

The food has always been tasty and plentiful. We enjoy going there. It an be a bit noisy, but it is a fun place. You cannot miss their HUGE chocolate cake ... seriously, even if you share it among the table. It is the best chocolate cake we've ever had out. I can only eat two or three bites because it's so rich. When we got married, DH had a whole one ordered as his groom's cake. It was gone so fast that he never evengot a piece. Enjoy your trip! :)