Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just because I might be poor - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-because-i-might-poor-t289519.html)

crafty pat 07-09-2017 10:38 AM

So very,very true.

Jeanette Frantz 07-09-2017 03:20 PM

I've always heard, "We might be poor, financially, but we're really rich in the things that matter.

Doggramma 07-09-2017 03:48 PM

So true. That's why I use nice quality fabric for charity quilts and give good quality food for the food pantry.

trolleystation 07-09-2017 05:47 PM

You speak the truth.

Jan in VA 07-09-2017 09:24 PM

I never say that I'm poor. My financial income may be limited to minimal social security, but my life and spirit are very rich. Money and where it comes from has not been my "source" for many, many years, because God is my source. Keeping my mind active, my heart joyful, my friends close, and my family closer are the things that make me healthy, wealthy, and wise beyond all else. That and loving this board and it's members, LOL!

Jan in VA

Pam S 07-10-2017 06:37 AM

This is like I always remind myself when making charity quilts - just because it's for charity doesn't mean it can be ugly. If I wouldn't want it, I don't make it.

bearisgray 07-10-2017 06:44 AM

I should have changed "poor" to "have little or no money"

I know some people that have "lots" of material stuff (my Grandma B was one) that "still felt poor."

There is a difference between being "poor in spirit" and being "poor in material goods"

zennia 07-10-2017 06:56 AM

Having love of family and friends makes me richer the all the money in the world.

sewn3w 07-10-2017 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 7860983)
I never say that I'm poor. My financial income may be limited to minimal social security, but my life and spirit are very rich. Money and where it comes from has not been my "source" for many, many years, because God is my source. Keeping my mind active, my heart joyful, my friends close, and my family closer are the things that make me healthy, wealthy, and wise beyond all else. That and loving this board and it's members, LOL!

Jan in VA

Yeesh! Jan, you pretty much answered what is in my heart. So here is " Ditto"

purplefiend 07-10-2017 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma (Post 7860811)
So true. That's why I use nice quality fabric for charity quilts and give good quality food for the food pantry.

I agree completely about good quality fabrics for charity quilts. I once heard a fellow quilter tell me that it didn't matter what fabric we use in the charity quilts, because when it gets dirty it'll just be thrown out.
That made me angry, I told her that the children who get one of our quilts treasures it, because it's theirs alone and not something that was a hand me down.
Sharon in Texas