Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Keurig Single Cup Brewing System (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/keurig-single-cup-brewing-system-t142262.html)

ptquilts 08-03-2011 11:34 AM

as far as I can figure the coffee costs about 8 times as much in K-cups as buying it the regular way.

carhop 08-03-2011 12:31 PM

My neighbor has one and she loves the coffee and I have had the tea and it was great

waladopa 08-03-2011 12:32 PM

I have one. It's out in the shed. I hate it because the coffee is way too strong for me.
I'll sell you mine.

Ann L 08-03-2011 12:49 PM

I have a small one for work and love it. I bought the solo filter and put my own coffee in it, much cheaper and tastes just as good, I think so anyway. I do love the Donut Shop coffee though so I treat myself every once in a while.

SherriB 08-03-2011 01:27 PM

We bought one last year and love it! It is the smaller one and works just great for us. Before we got it, we would waste a pot of coffee every day it seemed.

I got DH a re-usable filter from Amazon. The one that came with it wasn't very good. He makes regular and flavored coffee with it. I prefer Emeril's brand, I love strong coffee. I brew the small cup twice and get a perfect amount for my travel mug. DD loves vanilla so I keep it for her.

We are quite spoiled by it and would definitely buy another if something happened to this one.

NDQuilts 08-03-2011 01:51 PM

DH bought it for me as a gift and I love it. I am the only coffee/tea drinker so I make myself a cup more often because it is single serve. I purchase their Kcups and locally roasted beans that go into the filter thing. Great for small dinner parties, but use an urn when I have large gatherings.

vjengels 08-03-2011 01:54 PM

We have one at work; everyone raves about it. I did try a cup of coffee once from it, I have a 10 oz cup, ... should've made a 8 oz. it was weak tasting( or maybe I like mine strong..) My only real problem is I was told the cups aren't recycle-able. That's a big no-no. 30 women x 2-3 cups a day x 5 days... that's a lot of trash. If only we could talk everyone into using the re-useable inserts & buy ground coffee.. :)

FirstQuilt 08-03-2011 02:04 PM

I love my Keurig. Now I make coffee one cup at a time, and it never gets bitter sitting in the pot. I grind my own beans each morning--enough for 4 cups--and use the U-Fill-It cup that came with the machine until 4 cups of decafe are brewed. Then I switch to the K-Cups that I get 80 to the box from Costco.

And those are a pleasure to use.

I'm really stoked on the company. It's here in Vermont with publicly traded stock that's up over 300% this year. That will buy a lot of fabric! :-)

Kas 08-03-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
We bought one last year and love it! It is the smaller one and works just great for us. Before we got it, we would waste a pot of coffee every day it seemed.

I got DH a re-usable filter from Amazon. The one that came with it wasn't very good. He makes regular and flavored coffee with it. I prefer Emeril's brand, I love strong coffee. I brew the small cup twice and get a perfect amount for my travel mug. DD loves vanilla so I keep it for her.

We are quite spoiled by it and would definitely buy another if something happened to this one.

What was the brand name on the one you got on Amazon? Do you remember? I am using the one that came with the machine and it just seems like the flavor isn't coming all the way through.

pjaco 08-03-2011 02:08 PM

Thanks for recommending the starbucks verona, I've been wanting to try something new. I love good coffee.