Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshmallow Peeps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshmallow-peeps-t108886.html)

ptquilts 03-19-2011 03:22 PM

PS - seen on a T-shirt --

Have your peeps call my peeps.

Becca Bear 03-19-2011 03:30 PM

I love Peeps, but they have to be hard and chewy! Leave them open to the air for a few weeks and they're just right. Easter Peeps are the best, but any of them will do. Yummy!

Shunem 03-19-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
Never really cared for them, I'm all about jelly beans and cadbury cream eggs

MMMMM I love Cadbury Cream Eggs----but they sure are rich!

Shunem 03-19-2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
OK, 3 pages of peeps and no one has mentioned "PEEP JOUSTING" - here is what you do (Kids love this). Take two peeps, insert a toothpick in each one like they are carrying a lance under their wing. Place in microwave facing each other, with toothpick end about 3/4" away from opponent. They will get bigger and bigger until the toothpick of one pops the other. WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Gambling is allowed but not encouraged.

I also love peeps - it is the weird texture. I like circus peanuts as well, for the same reason. I prefer them fresh.

As funny as this sounds,...don't they make a mess in your microwave?

Liz aka Helen 03-19-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Not a big fan of Peeps. But have great fun putting them in the microwave and watching them blow up to enormous distorted blobs. :lol:

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!(ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING OUT LOUD)

CarolLady 03-19-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shunem

OK, 3 pages of peeps and no one has mentioned "PEEP JOUSTING" - here is what you do (Kids love this). Take two peeps, insert a toothpick in each one like they are carrying a lance under their wing. Place in microwave facing each other, with toothpick end about 3/4" away from opponent. They will get bigger and bigger until the toothpick of one pops the other. WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Gambling is allowed but not encouraged.

I also love peeps - it is the weird texture. I like circus peanuts as well, for the same reason. I prefer them fresh.

Never heard of this one before... Very interesting..

greenini 03-19-2011 05:29 PM

I'm with PTquilts on the peeps and circus peanuts. When I graduated high school I got a 2 lb bag and got to eat them all 'cuz everyone else thinks they are low rent. I do *however* like them stale better!

Edie 03-19-2011 05:34 PM

Our newspaper has a Peeps contest every year before Easter. You have to make up a diorama. They are hilarious! Edie

nursie76 03-19-2011 05:37 PM

Love then! But then I love the bunnies too! Our youngest DD who is 28 loves them too.

ptquilts 03-19-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by CarolLady

Originally Posted by Shunem

Never heard of this one before... Very interesting..

forgot to say, put them on a paper plate. BTW, Moon Pies in the microwave are also awesome.