Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshmallow Peeps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshmallow-peeps-t108886.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 03-19-2011 12:27 PM

I, too, love Peepe and those Cadbury eggs - the sugarier (?) the better!

ChubbyBunny 03-19-2011 01:01 PM

I LOVE Peeps!!! But they have to be stale. I leave them exposed to the air for a few days before I eat them. Yummy!!! :mrgreen:

FancyFoot 03-19-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
Oh i love Yellow peeps, i bring them home, open the pkg and let them get hard (sometimes) before i eat them. You are right the other colors don't taste right. Have not tried the chocolate ones.

When they're hard...They are yummy :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
but the best Easter candy is Mini Robin Eggs :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BellaBoo 03-19-2011 01:06 PM

I love marshmallows. I buy the peeps after Easter and vacuum seal them. They are great in hot chocolate or to make smores the following winter. I dip them in melted chocolate for treats. Usually they are marked down to .25 a package. I always run out before the next Easter.

carolstickelmaier 03-19-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
Oh i love Yellow peeps, i bring them home, open the pkg and let them get hard (sometimes) before i eat them. You are right the other colors don't taste right. Have not tried the chocolate ones.

DITTO I like them best hard and chewy. I have not seen the chocolate ones but I only like really good chocolate prefer dark choc. My husband and kids also love them but not their kids

hobbykat1955 03-19-2011 01:20 PM

My husband would kill for Peeps...I buy them during all the holiday seasons...And what's more gross is he likes them stale...YUKKKKKK...I think he might still have some from last Easter hidden away...

MinnieKat 03-19-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by S D G
They taste nasty to me, like eating pure sugar.

Mmmmmm ... they're delicious! Like eating pure sugar ... lol

carhop 03-19-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Not me but a friend stocks up on them opens the packages and lets them get hard!

that is how I like them when they are hard

raedar63 03-19-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
I LOVE Peeps!!! But they have to be stale. I leave them exposed to the air for a few days before I eat them. Yummy!!! :mrgreen:

Me too I usually eat one fresh one and then let the rest get stale. Mmmmmm, I too agree that it is yellow peeps for me!

ptquilts 03-19-2011 03:22 PM

OK, 3 pages of peeps and no one has mentioned "PEEP JOUSTING" - here is what you do (Kids love this). Take two peeps, insert a toothpick in each one like they are carrying a lance under their wing. Place in microwave facing each other, with toothpick end about 3/4" away from opponent. They will get bigger and bigger until the toothpick of one pops the other. WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Gambling is allowed but not encouraged.

I also love peeps - it is the weird texture. I like circus peanuts as well, for the same reason. I prefer them fresh.