Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshmallow Peeps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshmallow-peeps-t108886.html)

olebat 03-20-2011 03:02 AM

One of the best things about peeps is open fire toasting. The outside sugar caramelizes. Put between a couple of toasted apple slices instead of smores. We also core the apples, put a couple of peeps inside, wrap in foil, a set inside the dutch oven till baked. Yummn. Not your average marshmallow roast.

teacherbailey 03-20-2011 03:14 AM

Can't stand the texture or taste of marshmallow....but it HAS been fun to watch them evolve over the years, adding different colors for Easter--like the great shade of blue last year---and then to see Halloween Peeps and Christmas Peeps come out! I buy them for the love of my life, who shares them with the Australian Shepherd....one dog out of five likes them (don't worry, animal lovers, he only gets an occasional bite!)

teacherbailey 03-20-2011 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
One of the best things about peeps is open fire toasting. The outside sugar caramelizes. Put between a couple of toasted apple slices instead of smores. We also core the apples, put a couple of peeps inside, wrap in foil, a set inside the dutch oven till baked. Yummn. Not your average marshmallow roast.

Sounds good---even to a non-marshmallow-lover! PS my daughter lives in Grovetown!

Helenq 03-20-2011 03:21 AM

Is there a 12 step program to stop eating them? Because I need to join. Feel sick and then hide the evidence . My ritual is to eat the eyes, then onto the ears and I work my way down. I honestly can feel the sugar travel though my body to my head. Spring ones are the best, the fall ones do not taste the same to me. I am so.... releived that I am not the only one.

olebat 03-20-2011 03:26 AM

Sounds good---even to a non-marshmallow-lover! PS my daughter lives in Grovetown![/quote]

I love teaching in Grovetown. The kids there are so responsive. Our new 4-H center will be in Appling, much closer for the GT students to participate in activities. I am so looking forward to setting up a community lab for sewing, cooking, and crafts. I've had to teach out of my home for years. I'll be glad to have my space back.

ptquilts 03-20-2011 03:33 AM

I think we need to start a chapter of PA (Peeps Anonymous).

dewie45 03-20-2011 03:53 AM

OK, I'm getting a stomach ache just reading this thread!;)

quilter on the eastern edge 03-20-2011 03:56 AM

I love them all - all shapes, all colours! I am very thankful that they come out only once a year.

OmaForFour 03-20-2011 03:58 AM

I LOVE YELLOW PEEPS! I too like only the yellow ones. BUT I like to open the package when I get them and then let them get stale and a bit hard. Try one that way. So delicious and not quite a sweet tasting.

Hope your airedales are doing well. Mine are fine. I need to change my avatar and put up a pic of both of them.

willquilt81 03-20-2011 04:19 AM

I love peeps, yellow is my favorite too! I liked them better when they would get just a little stale...but they don't do that anymore! Enjoy!