Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/may-2013-weight-loss-adventure-t220335.html)

createfourpaws 04-30-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 (Post 6036186)
Im in again for May. Haven't been around for a while. Fell up my basement stairs and dislocated my knee cap. Life is really just crappy. I was carrying my sewing machine and tote bags when i fell and i haven't even taken the cover off to see if i damaged it. DD put it back on the sewing table and there its been. Life is crappy!

Oh Lisa.....please be careful. I hope your baby is ok when you are able to go back to it. Take it easy.

Pam H 04-30-2013 01:02 PM

Sorry to hear that, Lisa. I hope your knee heals quickly.

Vanogay 04-30-2013 04:29 PM

Lisa, I hope you are okay - we tend to bruise easily as we age (you know, past 29). Your machine can be fixed, if need be, sometimes we take waaay longer to fix and generally pay for our injuries for a very long time.

JuneBillie 04-30-2013 07:00 PM

If I do anything, I know I take forever to heal now. Yes, no wonder, because In May I turn the big 60 . I wish I knew what to do with my hair. I have thick hair that has natural curl, but gray without my coloring it. I have kept it colored, but I do it myself which is getting harder to do. I went last time a couple of months ago, and had it cut in a straighter bob kinda short, but I have to use one of those irons to straighten it enough to look that way. I feel I need to just let it be the natural curl it is. What do you folks think? What is a good style for my age? I need to know to help with my weight loss thingy.

fmhall2 05-01-2013 01:28 AM

June Billie, I love to see someone has just let their hair be with the natural curl - I guess it is because I am jealous, mine is naturally straight, and I have to have permanents to keep it curly. I used to have very thick dark brown hair, but since it has turned gray it is now very fine. I don't know why.

Christopher Oxley 05-01-2013 02:49 AM

Aw, can Jan, Feb, Mar and April count too? :thumbup: I have lost 28 lb since then, not enough left to win.

Beachbound 05-01-2013 03:28 AM

I'm in this month! I finally remembered to weight myself :shock: FQ will go postal later today!

createfourpaws 05-01-2013 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Christopher Oxley (Post 6037294)
Aw, can Jan, Feb, Mar and April count too? :thumbup: I have lost 28 lb since then, not enough left to win.

If it earlier months counted, everyone would win. LOL just one month at a time.

createfourpaws 05-01-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound (Post 6037340)
I'm in this month! I finally remembered to weight myself :shock: FQ will go postal later today!

Welcome back Dody........you have been missed.

meanmom 05-01-2013 05:10 AM

Lisa hope the knee heals quickly. June Billie I would have your hair cut to take advantage of the natural curl and let it go natural. With the right cut you would probably only have to fluff it in the morning. I have the opposite problem. Mine is thin fine and straight. I fought with styling it for years. Tons of gel, curling irons. and hairspray. My hair finally won and I gave up. I had it cut short and I get out of the shower and fluff it a little bit. When it dries a little spritz of hair spray and I am ready to go. Even with all the gel and stuff it fell flat anyway. Go for an easy style you will love it.