Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/may-2013-weight-loss-adventure-t220335.html)

Shadowirish 05-01-2013 06:32 AM

Happy May Day everyone!
Cindy, I'm in for May (you already have my FQ). Good luck to everyone and here's hoping spring stays around awhile!
We're supposed to have a whole week of sunshine here, woohoo!

Beachbound 05-01-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6037418)
Welcome back Dody........you have been missed.

thanks so much, Cindy! That always is great to hear. This has been a busy time for us but I have had lurked now & then and always keep you ladies in my thoughts. Today I start thinking about getting healthier!!!!

Jim's Gem 05-01-2013 09:09 AM

I'm in for May.

JuneBillie 05-01-2013 12:07 PM

Thanks everyone for your hair comments. I do think I will go back to my natural curl, and easy fixing. We have another pretty day today.

sandiquilts 05-01-2013 09:44 PM

I'm in again, Cindy. I don't tend to post very much, but I do enjoy reading everyone's posts. (I'll try to post more this month.) I sent FQ for April, May, and June already.
I'm in a hexagon frenzy! just learned how to do the English paper piecing and have made about 250 in the past 10 days! I'm going to make a couple of table runners with hexie flowers. I used a yellow leaf print with ladybugs as the hex for the center of each flower...so now they all have ladybugs!

Good luck, everyone! If you're looking for a quick start, check out the Overnight Diet...it's a good eating plan that includes one day of homemade shakes (with protein powder or yogurt) and then 6 days of lean protein/low carb reasonable meals. Does a pretty good job of getting you started with a 2 lb loss from the shake day. My hubby is loving the shakes as well!

fmhall2 05-02-2013 06:03 AM

Where do you get more info about that Overnight Diet that you mentioned? It sounds interesting.

sandiquilts 05-02-2013 09:06 AM

Overnight Diet source

Originally Posted by fmhall2 (Post 6039487)
Where do you get more info about that Overnight Diet that you mentioned? It sounds interesting.

I saw it on the cover of a weekly mag at the grocery store, then googled it. the book is available at Amazon. I got the kindle version.

Teddybear Lady 05-02-2013 11:22 AM

Weight loss for this week is 2.8 lbs. That makes me 31.4 lost since Jan. 1st. I guess I'm over the plateau again. Finally! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

plainpat 05-02-2013 02:21 PM

It's been ages since I posted. We moved the last of Sept & after many yrs in that house.moving was a job for sure!
Then I had some health issues. On meds,but my wt is right back where it was.:( So....starting again,but this time,it's cholesterol I have to keep track of.That has to come 1st & hoping To also lose some pounds.Good luck to everyone.

meanmom 05-02-2013 03:11 PM

I GOT A DIFFERENT JOB FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any who don't know me, I work in a multiple disability classroom and am very unhappy. I talked to the principal and also notified HR. The principal and she hooked me up with the new position for next year. This is a huge load off of my shoulders. I was thinking I was going to have to job hunt this summer. Now I can have a nice relaxing summer.
I missed my bootcamp class for the last week and a half. Boy could I tell. Hope I'm not too sore. Maybe now that the job stress is gone I can behave myself better. Maybe I won't need so much medication(chocolate).